THE CZickness L....Celebrating 50 threads with CZs, gunsmoke and serious discussion....

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    Talk to me about CZ grips… what do you like if you change them out?

The grip on the competition blue SP-01 is a bit thinner than I like. Mainly because of the very thin flat aluminum grip panels. My P01 has the factory rubber grip panels with a bit of contour and palm swell in it. I find it just about perfect.

I know CZ makes similar rubber grips for the SP-01 too, but I don’t want the black on black look.

I’ve done a few searches on grips and nothing is standing out to me. I like the look of wood grips on CZs but they seem fairly flat too. Part of me is thinking of trying to make my own custom wood grips fit to my preference. Another part of me thinks the competition blue grips look awesome and just deal with it.

So I’m trying to decide what to do about the grips. Any advice?
    LOK grips are popular. They have some nice pieces, IMHO.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.

The grip on the competition blue SP-01 is a bit thinner than I like. Mainly because of the very thin flat aluminum grip panels. My P01 has the factory rubber grip panels with a bit of contour and palm swell in it. I find it just about perfect.

I know CZ makes similar rubber grips for the SP-01 too, but I don’t want the black on black look.

I’ve done a few searches on grips and nothing is standing out to me. I like the look of wood grips on CZs but they seem fairly flat too. Part of me is thinking of trying to make my own custom wood grips fit to my preference. Another part of me thinks the competition blue grips look awesome and just deal with it.

If you remember the grips on my P320 you shot, they were Lok grips

And they make them for CZ.

They actually have a lot more choices in texture for the CZ than they did for the p320. Those were the most aggressive grip, in the palm swell configuration, for the 320.
    I think their normal width would be close to the 75 factory rubber grips, which I am very fond of as well.
    And I think their most aggressive grip for CZ is more aggressive than the 320 choices.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg

The following is my opinion only....

The factory rubber grips are shockingly effective but the looks are meh except for on a sweaty surplus gun.

Also really like the CZ Aluminum Grips..

Lok grips are solid. G10 is tough to beat.

Then we have cool wood grips from KSD

or crazy stuff (never bought from them) from:

Last edited:

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018

Wait a minute!
    I thought this was her gun!
    Maybe she likes the thin grips?!?

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018

The factory rubber grips are shockingly effective but the looks are meh except for on a sweaty surplus gun.

Oh Man.
    Those Vytal’s.
    I can see that in my future.
    They also sound about as obnoxious as they’re grips look, they’re hilarious.

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus

I have a few different LOK or similar G10 grips on CZ's. My favorite grips for my Shadow 2 and SP-01 Shadow are Hennings. They are not as full as the rubber grips but more so than the flat CZ aluminum grips.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    The Krakens - Palm Swell

Krakens, palm swell.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    As a guy that was in love with the palm swell lok’s on my p320 AXG frames, (right before I ventured into this thread) I was so pleasantly surprised at how well I liked the standard rubber grips on the CZ’s, and surprised they’re not too big for many people, but they seem to fit.

Firehawk

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Lebanon

Awesome! The KSD look really nice. I like the look of the target grip. It looks big but I bet Ditcherman would appendix carry that!

The Kraken case colored… oh my!

Firehawk

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Lebanon
    As a guy that was in love with the palm swell lok’s on my p320 AXG frames, (right before I ventured into this thread) I was so pleasantly surprised at how well I liked the standard rubber grips on the CZ’s, and surprised they’re not too big for many people, but they seem to fit.
    It is a great fit. I’ve shown my P01 to quite a few people and everyone, every single person, mentioned right away how much they like the grip! Friends ranging from S-XL hands, it just seems to fit everyone.

Born2vette

Norm, Team woodworker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 25, 2020
    Westfield
    These are lok palm swells. I don’t currently have them on any gun so you can try them and see if you like them. The checkering is pretty aggressive.

1679538928343.jpeg

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    It is a great fit. I’ve shown my P01 to quite a few people and everyone, every single person, mentioned right away how much they like the grip! Friends ranging from S-XL hands, it just seems to fit everyone.
    Everyone that tried my Wilson combat 320 grip liked it too, and I did, but it made me grip wrong.
    If you recall we talked about where we put our thumbs on our Omegas, we were both different. The CZ grip seems to give one choices.

Firehawk

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Lebanon
    Wait a minute!
    I thought this was her gun!
    Maybe she likes the thin grips?!?
    If I really wanted to make it hers, I should put these on. Years ago (before marriage) she took a mission trip to Uganda. She’s loved Africa ever since and loves everything safari animal themed. There are touches of safari decorations throughout our house. She especially loves cheetah and leopard print.

1679539634985.jpeg

Dang. Now I’m actually thinking about it… maybe she’d shoot more…

Benp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 19, 2017
    Avon
    Made a cup earlier tonight with the metal one. Coffee was a little weak but maybe I didn't use enough or it was the generic "donut shoppe blend" I found at the back of pantry....

It didn't explode all over the inside of the machine so that is a plus!
    True! After making a cup I removed the pod and was very happy that there was no mess. I will try putting more in next time and a slight press to compact it. I can't wait til morning! LOL

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom