Not open for further replies.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Does anybody know of a good deal on TFX sights?

I paid $113 for a pair last week on Amazon. I thought that was pretty good.

Do any of you have a default gun you carry when you are not thinking about guns? Normally, I take a couple of minutes to decide which gun to carry each day and it's usually based on what I'm in the mood for or particularly enamored with at that time. But, there are times when I'm just not thinking about guns and my mind is caught up in something else. On those days, I tend to fall back on a basic, simple gun that I won't think much about through the day. In the past, my G***k 23 was that gun. It was the simple choice for those times when I was focused on something different and did not want or need to think about carry. I've found over the course of this summer that my P01 seems to have assumed that role now. It's become the baseline gun and since I record what I carry, put it into a spreadsheet and make color glossy photographs with circles and arrows to analyze what gets carried, I know that it's become the most carried gun in the family. My 9mm P07 is not far behind it, but I make a conscious decision to carry that one when it's carried. The P01 is the gun that gets carried when I don't think about what to carry and just carry.

I'm down to carrying the Shield when I'm worried about concealing and the Legion when I OC or sloppy CC. With this weather, I'm always carrying the Legion.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Do any of you have a default gun you carry when you are not thinking about guns? Normally, I take a couple of minutes to decide which gun to carry each day and it's usually based on what I'm in the mood for or particularly enamored with at that time. But, there are times when I'm just not thinking about guns and my mind is caught up in something else. On those days, I tend to fall back on a basic, simple gun that I won't think much about through the day. In the past, my G***k 23 was that gun. It was the simple choice for those times when I was focused on something different and did not want or need to think about carry. I've found over the course of this summer that my P01 seems to have assumed that role now. It's become the baseline gun and since I record what I carry, put it into a spreadsheet and make color glossy photographs with circles and arrows to analyze what gets carried, I know that it's become the most carried gun in the family. My 9mm P07 is not far behind it, but I make a conscious decision to carry that one when it's carried. The P01 is the gun that gets carried when I don't think about what to carry and just carry.

You and I both seriously need professional help. If I answered this question it would end up being a short novel. ;)

canterbc

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 13, 2012
    Noblesville

I pretty much only carry two different guns. When I wear a jacket or clothing that allows, it is the P-01. When clothing is tighter fitting, it is the G***k 43. I am growing very tired of the 43. This darn new P-10 should have been a single stack RAMI and I'd be all over it.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Those are good mags. I've got some coming wth my pistol. I brought home 10 PMAGs the other day for $8.99 a piece, starting to regret that a little bit after watching a MAC video last night. Appears as though after several years of staying loaded, the plastic feed lips start spreading if you do not have the dust cover thingys. Those are supposed to relieve pressure off the lips and prevent that issue. He is now using Lancer mags, which are plastic with metal feed lips to prevent deforming. I think the D&H mags are still the best buy.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    I carry the RAMI everyday. Well, I should say it sits in my purse all day durning the week. I was hoping to start carrying the P07 in winter, but I can't seem to spend the money for a holster.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    It will probably be a month before I get them with PSA being insanely popular around black Friday, but that just means I'll forget I ordered them and they will come in around Christmas and it will be like a little Christmas present for me. Those forgotten packages arriving are always nice!
    Sure they are nice, but I want my stuff now!!! :tantrum:

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I carry the RAMI everyday. Well, I should say it sits in my purse all day durning the week. I was hoping to start carrying the P07 in winter, but I can't seem to spend the money for a holster.

I'm happy with the Stoner holster I have. I picked mine up at the 1500 for $49. I'm not crazy about their online purchase options though, with a multi week wait and $50 rush order fee. In a pinch, some G19 holsters may fit.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    I'm happy with the Stoner holster I have. I picked mine up at the 1500 for $49. I'm not crazy about their online purchase options though, with a multi week wait and $50 rush order fee. In a pinch, some G19 holsters may fit.
    I think I'll make my own. I want it to fit the XC1 and I get picky about things like a holster. If I make it, I'm in complete control.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Since it is cool enough for a jacket I am carrying 75B #2. I have a drawer in the kitchen and whatever I happen to be carrying is in the drawer when I am at home. So, if I don't put any thought into it then whatever is in the drawer is what I carry.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    You and I both seriously need professional help. If I answered this question it would end up being a short novel. ;)

Lately I have left the house a few times with "No" gun.....:dunno:

I am a fairly hands on kind of guy. If I am within 15' of an asshat my instincts are to charge and disarm. At my age I seriously need to reconsider this.

My default is a Charter arms BullDog in .44 special.
    Well, if I can get it back from my daughter that is.

The RAMI is looking pretty much like a serious contender for EDC in warmer weather. Loaded with Golden Sabres I am thinking it will cover any of my SD needs and the damn thing is stupid accurate.
    There us a looming possibility that a CZ in .40 might be in the running for this as well.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Lately I have left the house a few times with "No" gun.....:dunno:

I am a fairly hands on kind of guy. If I am within 15' of an asshat my instincts are to charge and disarm. At my age I seriously need to reconsider this.

My default is a Charter arms BullDog in .44 special.
    Well, if I can get it back from my daughter that is.

The RAMI is looking pretty much like a serious contender for EDC in warmer weather. Loaded with Golden Sabres I am thinking it will cover any of my SD needs and the damn thing is stupid accurate.
    There us a looming possibility that a CZ in .40 might be in the running for this as well.

An alloy framed compact would be very nice for this.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom