• Status
    Not open for further replies.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    When somebody says a Bersa is every bit as nice, maybe even nicer, than a Legion it made me double take. I get that some guns are hidden gems, but that was sure a bold claim! I'm sure it's true and all, just hard to wrap your head around.
    If I hadn't had my hands on one while I typed that, I would have thought the same. If there's one thing I've learned from this, quit being a snob and give anything a try. I won't say that I'm gonna go out and buy a new Bersa at $400, but if I happen to run across a used one for a good price and I have the cash.... I would give it a hard look.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Good morning guys:coffee: Just kidding about the Bersa must be pretty sweet!
    Morning Barry. I'm not psyko enough to buy one. But find it hilarious about the trigger. It's like popping the hood on a "beater car" only to find a hot rodded engine, a "sleeper" if you will.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    When somebody says a Bersa is every bit as nice, maybe even nicer, than a Legion it made me double take. I get that some guns are hidden gems, but that was sure a bold claim! I'm sure it's true and all, just hard to wrap your head around.
    I think the Legion is a much nicer package and put together better, I'm really only comparing triggers. But I will elaborate on some other things I noticed about this Bersa.

- Front sight is metal and staked/welded in place.
    - Rear sight is plastic and dovetailed in place, has a "U" white outline, like a Glock.
    - Barrel has polygonal rifling, like a Glock.
    - Guide rod is metal and thick, very similar to the Legion.
    - Takedown lever to remove the slide is done with the slide in full battery, is not functional with the slide locked back, does require mag be removed first, hammer position does not matter.
    - Grips are one piece design and held in place by the hammer spring plug.
    - Mag followers are cheap as hell, chrome plated plastic and look to belong in a "saturday night special" gun.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    And nobody thought Trump would become President.
    Just sayin....:cool:

All I needed to see was that decocker and it went on my "ain't gonna happen" list. Doesn't matter if it has the best trigger available in a gun, won't be something I'd own. The list you posted helped to seal that deal. Too bad, as the trigger sounds amazing, but just not for me. I'm perfectly happy with my Legion and CZ Compact SAO triggers. I'll have to try the Bersa trigger when I'm at Point Blank next, just for giggles though.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    All I needed to see was that decocker and it went on my "ain't gonna happen" list. Doesn't matter if it has the best trigger available in a gun, won't be something I'd own. The list you posted helped to seal that deal. Too bad, as the trigger sounds amazing, but just not for me. I'm perfectly happy with my Legion and CZ Compact SAO triggers. I'll have to try the Bersa trigger when I'm at Point Blank next, just for giggles though.
    I'm too lazy to operate a manual thumb safety.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom