The [Current Year] General Political/Salma Hayek discussion thread, part 4!!!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Careful... you only get so many strikes... :D

cmbwh3kfgpf11.jpg

Lol, you're a buster!

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    The law Trump is accused of running afoul of:

[h=1]52 U.S. Code § 30121.Contributions and donations by foreign nationals[/h][h=1][/h](a)ProhibitionIt shall be unlawful for—(1)a foreign national, directly or indirectly, to make—(A)a contribution or donation of money or other thing of value, or to make an express or implied promise to make a contribution or donation, in connection with a Federal, State, or local election;

(B)a contribution or donation to a committee of a political party; or

(C)an expenditure, independent expenditure, or disbursement for an electioneering communication (within the meaning of section 30104(f)(3) of this title); or

(2)a person to solicit, accept, or receive a contribution or donation described in subparagraph (A) or (B) of paragraph (1) from a foreign national.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Keep searching Kut.

I'm thinking you should be a contributor for MSNBC or CNN or the like, since you keep pushing their same ole tired :poop:

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    "Ukrainian President Asked Trump To Dispatch Rudy Giuliani To Ukraine"
    https://thefederalist.com/2019/09/2...d-trump-to-dispatch-rudy-giuliani-to-ukraine/

Yeah, that's interpretation from the transcript. The Zelenskyy does not explicitly ask to send Guiliani to the Ukraine.
    If you plan a trip someplace and have friends in the area, if they they say that they were: "
    hoping very much that Mr. NNBD will be able to travel to (this place) and we will meet once he comes to (this place)," has your friend requested that you be dispatched to that place? No. I'll stop short from saying that he wasn't requested, but there's not enough context to prove what you say definitively. In combination with Guiliani's previous overtures, the idea is still dubious.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    Kut remind me of those cats that keep chasing the little red light thinking 'I'll get it this time for sure'. But they can't understand there is really nothing there. ;)

Last edited:

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Kut remind me of those cats that keep chasing the little red light thinking 'I'll get it this time for sure'. But they can't understand there is really nothing there.

I'm not making this personal, so I'll ask the same from you. Present your arguments that contradict mine, and I'll do the same.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Reading over the transcript makes things sound a lot more pedestrian than things are being made out as. They were discussing corruption issues in the country, and for a long time now (2016) we have been citing corruption issues being a point of contention for foreign aid. Just happens to be that biden's son has a lot of corrupt dealings going, part of the topic. It doesn't really sound political, just a specific headline making part of the corruption.

It's also evident, from the transcript, that the most major point of withholding the aid is due to other allied nations not helping, and to put them on the spot to throw some money Ukraine's way.

Trump's manner of speech may have bit him here, as the reader could make any amount of assumptions they want to out of it. I just don't see the American public supporting impeachment over it, since it has nothing to do with Joe Biden.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    Reading over the transcript makes things sound a lot more pedestrian than things are being made out as. They were discussing corruption issues in the country, and for a long time now (2016) we have been citing corruption issues being a point of contention for foreign aid. Just happens to be that biden's son has a lot of corrupt dealings going, part of the topic. It doesn't really sound political, just a specific headline making part of the corruption.

It's also evident, from the transcript, that the most major point of withholding the aid is due to other allied nations not helping, and to put them on the spot to throw some money Ukraine's way.

Trump's manner of speech may have bit him here, as the reader could make any amount of assumptions they want to out of it. I just don't see the American public supporting impeachment over it, since it has nothing to do with Joe Biden.

Exactly. Without TDS, there is nothing there.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

That's the other excuse. The first one was to combat corruption. Whats sense does it make to withhold aid from a nation in a hot war, because the other allies aren't helping. Nevermind the fact that it isn't tru. While (since 2014) we put in $1.5B, the EU has put in $15B (in loans and grants) - the largest aid package the body has ever doled out.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    The law Trump is accused of running afoul of:
    The only problem with this in this case is that the President is the chief executive and top law enforcement official who is entitled to make inquiries and request assistance from anyone into investigating potential improprieties and allegations of wrongdoing no matter who the subject of the inquiry pertains to.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    That's the other excuse. The first one was to combat corruption. Whats sense does it make to withhold aid from a nation in a hot war, because the other allies aren't helping. Nevermind the fact that it isn't tru. While (since 2014) we put in $1.5B, the EU has put in $15B (in loans and grants) - the largest aid package the body has ever doled out.

Because, if it's a serious situation, someone has to pay up. Like walking out of a restaurant, leaving your guest to foot the bill.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Is it embellishment?

Zelenskyy: I would also like to thank you for your great support in the area of defense. We are ready to cooperate for the next steps specifically we are almost ready to buy more javelins from the United Staes for defense purposes.

Trump: I would like you to do us a favor though because our country has been through a lot and the Ukraine knows a lot about it.

It not so embellished that the sentiment is not understood. So was the president simply ignoring Zelenskyy or was it a shake down. If one believes that the two statement, which immediately follow one another, are unrelated then one must think the president dismissed or did not hear Zelenskyy. If one thinks the statements follow a trail, then the president is giving a mob shakedown.
    I’m saying that your implied characterizations such as a “mob shakedown” are an embellishment according to your interpretation of the conversation.

I don’t think it goes to that extreme in my interpretation.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom