The [Current Year] General Political/Salma Hayek discussion thread, part 4!!!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    President Trump is really worried about this. :):

btkd5pm.jpg

How about we wait and see if he actually does what he says.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I don't see how that video changes the landscape. It was well known that plenty of democrats wanted impeachment proceedings well before the the Ukraine story broke. I think with these new revelations an impeachment inquiry should be started, if the DNI doesn't release the complaint by Thursday. I don't really care, nor do I think most anti-Trumpers, really care if he isn't removed. Congress should be on record indicating if they believe the president has broken the law.
    Ultimately, it will be the moderates that will be the ones who determine if the democrats out kicked their coverage, but as of yet, the only people I see complaining about the possibility of impeachment are the president's supports. I don't see how a historically unpopular president become popular because the other party wants to impeach him.
    Howbout we just try to control our obsession until November 2020 and try to oust the unpopular president at the ballot box?

If he’s as unpopular as you suggest then it should be a piece of cake without burning the whole house down.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Howbout we just try to control our obsession until November 2020 and try to oust the unpopular president at the ballot box?

If he’s as unpopular as you suggest then it should be a piece of cake without burning the whole house down.

But those evil flyover country voters will still vote for him! We have to save America from another 4 years of fascist rule!

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    But those evil flyover country voters will still vote for him! We have to save America from another 4 years of fascist rule!
    Well we’ve been trying to neutralize those pesky evil flyovers with calls to abolish the EC. Coastal voters rule!

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011

Wait? They've spent almost three years looking for ways to get rid of him. Why stop now?

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    We have to get rid of these ants in our pants so we’re going to light our pants on fire.

Whocares if we get burned.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011

Every single day they make Trump more and more of a victim, and justify his behavior on social media. They're not just shooting themselves in the foot, they're amputating every arm and leg they have out of pure spite, and thinking the center in the country will support their insanity.

Awkwardly, I totally agree with this.

Trump is remarkably unpopular for a sitting POTUS.

The problem is, the Dems are doing things that actually make it look like he makes sense. Their crazy makes his crazy look legit.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

Why should we wait? If people think he committed wrongdoing, then we should attempt to remove him from office.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Why should we wait? If people think he committed wrongdoing, then we should attempt to remove him from office.

That's not quite right.

Impeachment has a limited set of triggers.

The near-impeachment of Andrew Johnson should be instructive. Executive decisions - even bad ones - are not proper impeachment transgressions.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    That's not quite right.

Impeachment has a limited set of triggers.

The near-impeachment of Andrew Johnson should be instructive. Executive decisions - even bad ones - are not proper impeachment transgressions.

Sorry, criminal wrongdoings

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Well we can disagree. All I’m saying is that all of these supposedly egregious alleged offenses that never seem to pan out are being amplified to the level of impeachment inquiries because we hate the guy and just want to get rid of him.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Sorry, criminal wrongdoings

Ok, what criminal wrongdoings have been floated? Or I guess that's what Pelosi's hearing will determine?

Her best bet is to do some grandstanding, reciting the laundry list of bad things Trump's done, but ultimately reaching the conclusion that there isn't enough evidence of any crimes to justify impeachment. Instead, they should focus on electing a Democrat to POTUS.

But, I don't think she's going to do that.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Ok, what criminal wrongdoings have been floated? Or I guess that's what Pelosi's hearing will determine?

Her best bet is to do some grandstanding, reciting the laundry list of bad things Trump's done, but ultimately reaching the conclusion that there isn't enough evidence of any crimes to justify impeachment. Instead, they should focus on electing a Democrat to POTUS.

But, I don't think she's going to do that.
    Judge Napolitano said that Trump committed a crime by mentioning Biden's name in a phone call to the newly elected Ukrainian leader. I guess that rises to the level of an impeachable offense.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Judge Napolitano said that Trump committed a crime by mentioning Biden's name in a phone call to the newly elected Ukrainian leader. I guess that rises to the level of an impeachable offense.

This is a disingenuous statement, as Im sure you know what Napolitano said was not merely the mentioning of Biden's name constituted a crime.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    We regularly offer federal law enforcement assistance to foreign governments.

REALLY struggling to see what impeachable offense may've been committed in an executive conversation with another head of state. This seems solidly in the discretionary environment of foreign policy.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    benw
    Top Bottom