The [Current Year] General Political/Salma Hayek discussion thread, part 4!!!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    Its a caveat, which means solid evidence is lacking. It is interesting to note, how readily Trumpskis are willing to accept Mueller's pumping of the brakes in THIS instance. I can only guess, that means those who are willing to believe the special counsel in THIS instance, will also believe him when his investigation is complete.

Don't worry Kut. The media and Democrat party will surely have more fake news next week that you can harp on about.

Tburke798

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 27, 2018
    St.John
    ycoemjG.gif

This is the best acting since Fast times at Ridgemont high,.....when she is getting out of the pool!....wwwwwhhooooaaaaaaaaa!....lol

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-46935595

Trump proposed a compromise to include protections for those covered by DACA - it was rejected by the Democrats, who refused the deal prior to the President's speech.

Protections for 3 years for DACA... I would expect, and hope the Democrats would reject that deal. Had he offered permanent protections for current DACA persons (w/a pathway to citizenship), with an understanding there would be no more at the point the deal was accepted, I think that's a deal the Democrats shouldn't pass up.

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    Protections for 3 years for DACA... I would expect, and hope the Democrats would reject that deal. Had he offered permanent protections for current DACA persons (w/a pathway to citizenship), with an understanding there would be no more at the point the deal was accepted, I think that's a deal the Democrats shouldn't pass up.
    Yet Trump's offer was still 50% better than what Obama managed to get through for DACA when the Democrats had both the House and Senate. It would also have brought political focus back on DACA, making it more politically relevant for next year's Presidential election, and handing an important concession to the Democrats pre-election.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Democrats own the shutdown if they reject the deal. Balls in their court. Its a better deal than i would of offered if i was Potus.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Democrats own the shutdown if they reject the deal. Balls in their court. Its a better deal than i would of offered if i was Potus.

I doubt there is a consensus in that belief. At first he wanted $5.7B simply to re-open the government. Now, he want, in addition to the $5.7B: $800M in humanitarian assistance, $805 in drug detection tech, 2750 BP agents, 75 immigration judges... for 3 years of DACA protections, and an temporary extension of TPS. It's an offer that he probably knew the Democrats couldn't (and wouldn't) take. I imagine he thinks as you do, that the public will blame the Democrats for the shutdown if they reject the offer. I'm not at all confident that the public will. Given that the president, himself, called this the "Trump Shutdown," and the fact that he, as an individual, can end it, compared to the collective body of the House, I place the majority of the blame on him.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    I doubt there is a consensus in that belief. At first he wanted $5.7B simply to re-open the government. Now, he want, in addition to the $5.7B: $800M in humanitarian assistance, $805 in drug detection tech, 2750 BP agents, 75 immigration judges... for 3 years of DACA protections, and an temporary extension of TPS. It's an offer that he probably knew the Democrats couldn't (and wouldn't) take. I imagine he thinks as you do, that the public will blame the Democrats for the shutdown if they reject the offer. I'm not at all confident that the public will. Given that the president, himself, called this the "Trump Shutdown," and the fact that he, as an individual, can end it, compared to the collective body of the House, I place the majority of the blame on him.

And a beyond fair offer. The judges are to help with a backlog of 900,000 asylum seekers, so to me thats one the dems should want, along with the 3 years of protections. Dems own it and id be willing to bet the majority of Americans will think that way. Im sure the mainstream media that you love to follow will spin it the other way though. Like i said, balls in their court!

Forgot to mention that all the things you mention, (drug detection sensors, humanitarian aid, 75 judges and the 2750 border patrol agents are all Democrat ideas).
    Link to said proposals by Democrats
    https://www.westernjournal.com/ap-the-latest-trumps-plan-trades-protection-for-immigrants/

Last edited:

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    Given that one of his campaign promises to his supporters was to build the wall this it a pretty good compromise position;
    - he gets his wall
    - more humanitarian assistance is available for those in need
    - more BP agents
    - more immigration judges to clear the backlog and ensure that applications are heard in a timely fashion
    - the Democrats get a victory in renewed protections for DACA applicants

How long do the Democrats think they shirk their part in this shutdown, especially when they have rejected this deal before it was made public and have refused to have meetings with the President to discuss a solution to the shutdown?

caverjamie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 24, 2010
    Dubois Co.

Disagree - the 800 mil in humanitarian assistance and the extra immigration judges should be considered a plus for dems. I mean, it's not the money that's the issue, not when we have 21 trillion+ budgets. They should want money to help these people and expedited processing, according to what they claim to stand for. I blame both sides - they need to compromise - surely they can find a way to spend enough of our money that both sides can claim victory.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    And a beyond fair offer. The judges are to help with a backlog of 900,000 asylum seekers, so to me thats one the dems should want, along with the 3 years of protections. Dems own it and id be willing to bet the majority of Americans will think that way. Im sure the mainstream media that you love to follow will spin it the other way though. Like i said, balls in their court!

Forgot to mention that all the things you mention, (drug detection sensors, humanitarian aid, 75 judges and the 2750 border patrol agents are all Democrat ideas).
    https://www.westernjournal.com/ap-the-latest-trumps-plan-trades-protection-for-immigrants/

Right. It really doesn't matter what the offer is since the left isn't negotiating in good faith anyhow.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

I don't think it's fair, and outside of Trumpskis, and those inclined to support him already, I doubt very many other people do as well. It's seen for what it is, a political ploy. He had a GOP House and Senate. Then was his best time for getting his policies passed. Why didn't he pressure Congress then? ...probably because he couldn't make "hay" like he can now.

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    I don't think it's fair, and outside of Trumpskis, and those inclined to support him already, I doubt very many other people do as well. It's seen for what it is, a political ploy. He had a GOP House and Senate. Then was his best time for getting his policies passed. Why didn't he pressure Congress then? ...probably because he couldn't make "hay" like he can now.

Dems have always been willing to throw $$ at a problem. Trump offers to throw $$ at the problem (maybe even help the problem?). Dems refuse to even talk about it.

You're Right, it's all on Trump.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart

Like i said and even provided you a link, other than the wall money, all the other things you mentioned are the Dems ideas. They're even suppose to vote on most these in the house within the coming weeks, so what Trump offered is beyond fair. And 2 of those extras you claimed Trump was asking for on top of the wall money would help the illegals as well. Humanitarian aid, Dems should love that, helping little Diego get a fresh meal and clean clothes. Extra judges to process the backlog of over 900,000 amnesty cases. Why would the Dems not want that?
    All the illegals that are in hiding will be able to roam freely for the next 3 years without worry of deportation. Like i said. Dems will own this one and will lose some support as well of they dont agree to this in my opinion.

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC

Wait, so it's somehow fair that the Dems who only control 1/2 of Congress will not accept anything except 100% their way or the highway?

It takes all three, House, Senate and the President to resolve this... all have a say, and must get something they want from the deal.

Trump has moved from "just border wall funds" to what he is willing to give to get his priorities. Pelosi and Schumer's turn to move off the dime.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom