• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    As I said, Cooper would probably have remained as professional with Republicans as he was with Democrats. Jack Tapper, on the other hand, was not very professional with Republicans, and likely would have acted more professional with Democrats.

I judge fairness on whether the same kinds of questions would be asked in the same tone and tenor for either party. The CNBC moderators made their contempt for the candidates pretty obvious.

For example, it's fair to question Trump on how he plans to do the things that he's promising. The Wall. Making China pay for it. Whatever. But I seriously doubt the same moderator would frame any question to any Democratic candidate as a comic book version of a presidential campaign. Clinton's candidacy is at least as "comic book" as any candidate on either side.

Maybe they see Trump's candidacy as "comic book". I do. But serious journalists understand that it's it's not their place to judge that for voters. Real professional journalists ask serious questions with professional tone and tenor regardless of their personal bias. It's fair to ask tough questions aimed at exposing the truth. So ask the question professionally, without contempt, and let the candidate's answer define him or her as "comic book".
    :+1: The media moderators play the part of Ringmaster in a circus style debate. They create the atmosphere. Their moderator styles are in great contrast concerning the different party debates. I think it was stated by another member that Democrat debates consist of adults, insinuating that Republican debates are childish. Well they both appear to be that way by design.

It's really not that hard to figure out.

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis
    :+1: The media moderators play the part of Ringmaster in a circus style debate. They create the atmosphere. Their moderator styles are in great contrast concerning the different party debates. I think it was stated by another member that Democrat debates consist of adults, insinuating that Republican debates are childish. Well they both appear to be that way by design.

It's really not that hard to figure out.

Let's be clear though trump is absolutely a child up there

Top Bottom