Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    NW INDY
    Ticked I missed these

You answered 31 out of 33 correctly — 93.94 %

Incorrect Answers

Question: What was the main issue in the debates between Abraham Lincoln and Stephen A. Douglas in 1858?

Your Answer: Is slavery morally wrong?
    Correct Answer: Would slavery be allowed to expand to new territories?

Question: In 1935 and 1936 the Supreme Court declared that important parts of the New Deal were unconstitutional. President Roosevelt responded by threatening to:

Your Answer: impeach several Supreme Court justices
    Correct Answer: appoint additional Supreme Court justices who shared his views

I suppose I'll accept 31/33 for before 7:30am and before coffee as passing results but I'm not happy about it.

Last edited:

NYFelon

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2011
    DPRNY
    93.94%

Missed the Puritans and the Philosophers one. I should have asked my wife, but that would be cheating.

racer77

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2012
    i scored better than the professors.... no where near most of you folks... guess i need to keep lurking... don't want to sound dupid.:bowdown:

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    90.91%. I suppose I can live with that when national average and average for college professors were both well below failing scores.

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    To All,

100%.:rockwoot:Do not ask me how I did it.:dunno: I didn't cheat and probably would never do that again.

Thanks, that felt very good after dinking with a riding mower issue this afternoon.

Regards,

Doug

David202

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 4, 2012
    Indianapolis
    30/33 - 90.91%. I'm honestly surprised the average was only 49% - I would honestly expect that to be lower if the participants were truly random.

Also, this is terrifying (from here):
    Officeholders and non-officeholders find it equally difficult to identify the three branches of government. Only 49% of each group can name the legislative, executive, and judicial.

CTS

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    I got 30/33 but honestly I don't think this is all that great a measure of one's "civic literacy" to be honest. A lot of these questions focus on people/places/facts and not on application of knowledge. Honestly what does knowing about sputnik have to do with my civic literacy? That's not one of the ones I missed, and while yes it's a historic world event that helped to ignite the space race, it doesn't have a whole lot to do with the Bill of Rights.

CathyInBlue

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    87.88%

I missed the 4 questions on Puritans, Flood Control, federal stimulus policy in a recession, and free market vs. central planning. I think if I were actually awake, I'd have done better.

I think something like this weighted more toward public policy matters of the day should be a test for voting. 10 non-multiple choice questions from a pool of 100. You get to cast as many ballots as you get right answers.

Top Bottom