That didn't last long. ABC Cancels Roseanne after tweet about Obama aid.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    I get the humor in that article but no one nominated her as conservative spokesman, especially since she’s not conservative. We were just shocked and thrilled a single actor was an unashamed supporter of trump.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    I get the humor in that article but no one nominated her as conservative spokesman, especially since she’s not conservative. We were just shocked and thrilled a single actor was an unashamed supporter of trump.

I'll apologize in advance, but IMHO there's no way she's an actual supporter of Trump.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I'll apologize in advance, but IMHO there's no way she's an actual supporter of Trump.

Looking at her Twitter feed, she's doing the usual righty stuff... retweeting a bunch of MAGA accounts, anti-Soros, talking about "left wing" media, wikileaks, Ben Shapiro, Paul Joseph Watson...

I dunno man, I think she got redpilled at some point and she isn't slowing down the consumption of them. Support Trump? Maybe, maybe not... but definitely seems to be anti-leftist to some extent.

I mean, good for her for going against the stereotypical grain. I'm still not going to circle my wagon around her, though.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Why do you say that? She has been incredibly vocal in her defense of supporting him

I disagree about what she's saying. How much has she actually supported Trump?

As noted by GPIAsfhugygnsbcchnnir, she uses her platform to amplify the stuff around him. And, honestly, alot of it is the crazier side of things.

She made her name doing mocking-style comedy. The original Roseanne wasn't really a documentary, it was a mockery. Of all sorts of stuff.

What makes you think she isn't mocking all the stuff she amplifies?

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I disagree about what she's saying. How much has she actually supported Trump?

As noted by GPIAsfhugygnsbcchnnir, she uses her platform to amplify the stuff around him. And, honestly, alot of it is the crazier side of things.

She made her name doing mocking-style comedy. The original Roseanne wasn't really a documentary, it was a mockery. Of all sorts of stuff.

What makes you think she isn't mocking all the stuff she amplifies?

Got me curious about it, so looking into her political past...

Apparently ran for President in the Green Party in 2012... supported Occupy Wall Street protestors... said some harsh things about Wall Street bankers including executing them... Lost her nomination to Jill Stein... Given a speaking role at the Green Party National Convention... ran on the "Peace and Freedom Party" ticket after losing the Green nomination... (however, she did bring a film crew throughout the entire campaign... so who knows how serious it was.)

Voiced support for Trump in June 2016 in a very "sitcom" manner. In a deleted tweet, she said she voted for Trump.

It's pretty ambiguous, honestly. Could be an act, but seeing the sort of things she's retweeting right now... like some pretty far-right people/topics... it seems like she'd be damaging herself by doing it.

She's not Conservative. She's probably pretty Liberal (OWS, guns, marijuana)... but she may be a woke liberal... We need a new label for that.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Why do you say that? She has been incredibly vocal in her defense of supporting him

With the understanding I neither know nor care, it can be tough to separate a celebrity trying to get publicity from the actual beliefs of a celebrity. If you get press by hitching your wagon to Trump, you're going to get positive reinforcement to keep stepping up your "Trump-ness".

Roseanne is no stranger to courting controversy for "look at me" time. The problem with being edgy is you sometimes fall off the edge. People like to watch the resulting train wreck, but they don't want to buy a ticket.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Looking at her Twitter feed, she's doing the usual righty stuff... retweeting a bunch of MAGA accounts, anti-Soros, talking about "left wing" media, wikileaks, Ben Shapiro, Paul Joseph Watson...

I dunno man, I think she got redpilled at some point and she isn't slowing down the consumption of them. Support Trump? Maybe, maybe not... but definitely seems to be anti-leftist to some extent.

I mean, good for her for going against the stereotypical grain. I'm still not going to circle my wagon around her, though.

I'm surprised the number of folks of color coming out defending her...Not what she said, but the double standard being applied to her...I'm not going to circle the wagon around her...But I am surprised at the number who are and how diverse they are...Dave Rubin sent out a tweet warning conservatives to lay off of Bill Mahar and I agree...I believe Bill Mahar will come out in defense of Rosanne Friday...He came out in defense of Laura Ingraham over the Hogg thing...

This Rosanne thing is making for strange bedfellows...Kind of like the Trump presidency in a way....

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I'm surprised the number of folks of color coming out defending her...Not what she said, but the double standard being applied to her...I'm not going to circle the wagon around her...But I am surprised at the number who are and how diverse they are...Dave Rubin sent out a tweet warning conservatives to lay off of Bill Mahar and I agree...I believe Bill Mahar will come out in defense of Rosanne Friday...He came out in defense of Laura Ingraham over the Hogg thing...

This Rosanne thing is making for strange bedfellows...Kind of like the Trump presidency in a way....

It really is. I wonder if the pendulum isn't quite done swinging to the right.

I'm starting to see the "I'm offended" mindset/movement fade away and be considered a weak position.

Edit: The societal pendulum. Not necessarily the political pendulum.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    It really is. I wonder if the pendulum isn't quite done swinging to the right.

I'm starting to see the "I'm offended" mindset/movement fade away and be considered a weak position.

I've never seen anything like the past couple of years....The moment I knew Trump was not only going to win the nomination but the Presidency is when at the RNC Convention a guy in a suit was trying to get some blue collar older women out of there because they said they were Democrats...The anger and passion in that rural woman's face was something I'd never seen before...Like a waking lioness...She growled at him and said, "You got life long yellow dog Democrats coming to support one of your candidates and you're going to run us off??? NEVER...And her and her friends began shouting "TRUMP! TRUMP! TRUMP! and then others took up the chant and the guy backed off....

Strange days indeed....Twitter is addictive....You were one of my first followers then MC Grease...I appreciate it....I made need your help in figuring out how to block folks and to keep the Eurotrash hookers from messaging me...But not Jenna Jameson...She always likes my tweets and even said one was awesome...:):

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    For what exactly? This isn't the first time that someone has brought this notion. I think now is the time to challenge it. I

I understand. There must be irrefutable, ironclad evidence to make any accusations against the Obama administration. No evidence required if the target is Republican or conservative.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    To an extent, I must disagree

The people looking for edge conditions, trying to make the point that there exists some extremely unlikely scenario wherein someone saying what she said, in the way she said it, might not always mean it in a racist way. They are saying something about themselves, and likely not what they think

Well. Since you say "to an extent" then I'm not going to disagree with this, because it's not an unlimited benefit of doubt. But, when we disavow-shame people, we're typically making hard and fast rules and making things absolute. Even something like this, if someone makes up those kinds of excuses, just talk it out. Maybe you both don't understand things the same way. So if you're requiring them to disavow something based on your own understanding, it's probably going to lead to unnecessary sparks flying.

I'm saying, rather than setting your line in the sand for what you think they should say before you'll consider them to be human (hyperbole, but you get the point), talk it out. I think there are actually few times when required disavowals actually help anything. If, during the conversation, they reveal that they're actually racists, there's no disavowals necessary. They've answered the question. Be done with it then.

Top Bottom