• ...and so much more!
  • Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    From the article.

Rodgers said the gunman then shot the glass door.

"The glass started to fall and I just started to pray then because that's all I could do," Rodgers said. "I know what happened at Uvalde ... and I was like this cannot happen. Not today. Not today."

If only people would understand that taking guns away from people is what leads to this exact situation.

jerrob

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 1, 2013
    Cumberland Plateau
    This was NOT a school.
    Not trying to be argumentative here, but what's your point? If it's that I incorrectly referred to a summer camp as a school, I'll gladly edit my post and thank you for pointing out my mistake.
    My take is because children are in a different environment other than school changes nothing. Whether a camp, church or any other activity an expectation of their safety is reasonable.
    Law enforcement's response should be the same, the children's safety being paramount, and that sure sounds like that's exactly how the last couple went down.
    If we're gonna criticize them when they F-up, we damn sure need to take note when they bring a situation to an end with the best outcome possible.

Kurr

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 18, 2011
    Jefferson County
    Not trying to be argumentative here, but what's your point? If it's that I incorrectly referred to a summer camp as a school, I'll gladly edit my post and thank you for pointing out my mistake.
    My take is because children are in a different environment other than school changes nothing. Whether a camp, church or any other activity an expectation of their safety is reasonable.
    Law enforcement's response should be the same, the children's safety being paramount, and that sure sounds like that's exactly how the last couple went down.
    If we're gonna criticize them when they F-up, we damn sure need to take note when they bring a situation to an end with the best outcome possible.
    Sorry, I meant no offence and agree with you. It was just that I have seen several in comments sections an such that see the headline and automatically say at school with a gun, glad they shot him.

That wasn't the case here, and my original concern especially with the lack of info given when they have been so quick to say police stopped a mass shooting was that some legally carrying OC guy got "engaged" before he could say "I'm here to pick up my kid".

I have not a word of criticism for the officers with the info now presented. It was odd that they reported with so little info in the story.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    From the article.

Rodgers said the gunman then shot the glass door.

"The glass started to fall and I just started to pray then because that's all I could do," Rodgers said. "I know what happened at Uvalde ... and I was like this cannot happen. Not today. Not today."

If only people would understand that taking guns away from people is what leads to this exact situation.
    Agreed! That is why I cannot understand why they wish to keep people who could protect innocent lives from having the means to do it.

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    Agreed! That is why I cannot understand why they wish to keep people who could protect innocent lives from having the means to do it.
    It seems so simple to me, I really can't understand people that don't see it that way. They think the police can show up and stop someone, it's already to late at that point.

545828718_o.jpg

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    It seems so simple to me, I really can't understand people that don't see it that way. They think the police can show up and stop someone, it's already to late at that point.

View attachment 205834
    After seeing what happened in Texas and Florida at the schools when they did show up you may not get help once they do arrive.
    I'm not saying all officers, and departments are like that.
    I'm just saying that you don't know what will happen after they are there. They could be minutes away, and once on scene another 20-60 minutes until they actually do something.

People are deprived of their constitutional right in these idiotic gun free zones.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Got lucky with the cops that day, but it sounds like all those kids were otherwise completely vulnerable.

xwing

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2012
    Greene County
    That article makes it sound like it was a good shoot. Shooting out a door, and exchanging gunfire with the police.

Yep. The original article provided no information. If the details are true, the police are completely in the right. Thankfully they didn't "wait outside" for an hour or two first...

Top Bottom