• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    I am curios to see what type of orders they are. 10 months is along time to go with short notice for guard soldiers. Sure their employers will be thrilled
    If Holcomb has been on the ball this has been planned for some time and the Guardsmen quietly notified awhile back.

If.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009

Yes, the difference being that Frank had a special extended magazine attached. Those versions are very rare and command big money when they sell. A company named Peace Officer's equipment did the work.

Frank wanted something reliable, fast shooting, and with the power to go clear through cars of the day.

Cavman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 2, 2009
    My bet is the majority of them are volunteers. It usually works like that first. I do wonder though what kind of orders. State, but which state is paying?
    Have to be state. Sucks is if they get hurt they won't be able to claim it through the va later

Cavman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 2, 2009
    Yep. Less pay than federal orders too. Last I checked they only get base pay, not BAS/BAH. Gotta commend them for going.
    Yea pays really gonna blow. Plus never know when it'll actually hit too. Do ya still get retirement points for that?

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    Texas State Active Duty (SAD) pay includes a daily base pay, BAS, and BAH.

STATE ACTIVE DUTY (SAD) PAY RATES
    References. See Enclosure A.

1. Purpose. Establish pay rates for personnel on Texas Military Department State Active-Duty
    missions for Fiscal Years 2024 & 2025.

2. Cancellation. This directive replaces TMDD 1235.01, “Texas Military Department (TMD)
    State Active Duty (SAD) Pay Rates”, dated 22 December 2022.

3. Applicability. This directive applies to all members and employees of the Texas Military
    Department (TMD) ordered to State Active Duty (SAD) and TMD employees responsible for
    processing SAD payroll.

4. Policy. The Adjutant General (TAG) retains the authority to implement, modify, or suspend any new or existing pay rate. TMD communicates the implementation, administration, and modification of pay through corresponding mission orders. Below are the rates set by TAG, which are subject to the availability of funds.

a. Texas National Guard (TXNG) pay rates.

(1) Daily Base Pay is based on United States Armed Forces pay tables. The daily minimum pay rate is $165.33 in fiscal year 2024, and $173.67 in fiscal year 2025 including all allowances and incentive pay.

(2) Basic Allowance for Housing Reserve Component/Transient (BAH RC/T) follows
    current rates published by the Department of Defense (DoD) Defense Travel Management
    Office. The rate varies based on the Service Member’s grade and dependent status. It does not
    change based on geographic location.

(3) Basic Allowance for Subsistence (BAS) follows the current federal standard rate for
    military personnel.

More at link. There are danger pays, family separation-type pays, extra pay if you are on SAD more than a year, etc. there are multiple pages on the Texas military department website explaining all this a very rough eyeball calculation for an E-5 looks like it approximates Fed active duty pay.

State active duty pay is handled differently by different states, though, so Indiana might be quite different.

Kdf101

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2013
    Sullivan County
    Texas State Active Duty (SAD) pay includes a daily base pay, BAS, and BAH.

More at link. There are danger pays, family separation-type pays, extra pay if you are on SAD more than a year, etc. there are multiple pages on the Texas military department website explaining all this a very rough eyeball calculation for an E-5 looks like it approximates Fed active duty pay.

State active duty pay is handled differently by different states, though, so Indiana might be quite different.

That is good for Texas. Last time we sent people to state duty in Indiana, I was way less pay. Could have changed since then without me knowing it though.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    States taking action where the Feds have failed to. This more bottom up approach is what is needed.
    Many agree.

I feel the Democrats, and some Republicans are wanting just this, to bring more division, and it seems they actually want this country to fall.
    So who does it profit, or how does it profit them if this country falls apart.

JAL

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2017
    Indiana
    I saw the WRTV Indy CH 6 sound bite on it. They also reported 50 Indiana Guardsmen to be sent in March after some training for it at Camp Atterbury. WRTV reached out to the White House for comment on it . . . and received none.

POTUS was undoubtedly trying to remember where he put his phone.

Top Bottom