• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SockMonkey

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    I called my sister yesterday, mainly to ask how their inauguration excursion went, and ended up in a firearms discussion: mainly her asking some questions about the gun ban talk and some terminology questions. As a little background, she is mostly anti-gun, and has asked that when we visit to not bring our firearms into her house. A story I will not go into in detail, but it is pretty much my fault. So when she said she wanted to ask me some questions but didn't want to get into a fight (last time we did), I braced myself for the worst. However, she brought up some good points that I think everyone needs to realize. Basically, the majority of the gun control fight is over a misunderstanding of terms. For example, the term "assault rifle/weapon" (Yes, I know it doesn't really exist) means something different to everyone. If it were clarified and a description agreed on by all sides, perhaps a large part of the problem and fighting would dissipate. I did make sure to point out, however, that an "assault weapon" does not exist: A pencil could become an assault weapon if I throw it at you or stab you in the eye with it. Just my :twocents:

Jack Burton

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    NWI
    I find that clarifying terms prior to any discussion about gun control and firearms is best for honest communication about firearms.

Top Bottom