Teachers oversharing? Big problem to be addressed or not a problem.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Did your teachers share details of their personal life with you?

• Definitely not

Votes: 18 22.8%
    • Not that I can recall

Votes: 19 24.1%
    • Maybe, but who knows it was so long ago

Votes: 3 3.8%
    • Only if it was germane to classroom discussion

Votes: 15 19.0%
    • Only casually mentioned

Votes: 15 19.0%
    • Somewhat, but still had boundaries

Votes: 7 8.9%
    • TMI

Votes: 2 2.5%

• Total voters
    • Poll closed .

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    The first one that revealed his secret private life that I can recall was 5th grade teacher, Col. Robert L. Jacks. He was a personal friend of the Big O. That was about as much as I recall.

JTScribe

Chicago Typewriter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    Guessing this is about Florida’s new law, spreading to other states.

It’s not about teachers sharing their personal lives with students.

It’s about teachers sharing adult topics with children AND TELLING THEM TO KEEP IT SECRET FROM THEIR PARENTS.

If you have no issue with that last part, okay, groomer.

Last edited:

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    If we’re talking about elementary school aged kids—I’m not even sure any of mine had first names, much less who (if anyone) they had sex with, what their “preferred pronouns” were, or any of that other groomer stuff. All I knew was “no, Miss Pearson” or “yes, Miss Mitchell”, etc.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    I can remember the names of a few elementary grade teachers, but not all.

Of my 2-3 most favorite teachers.... I don't even know their first name. Even the one I knew outside of school, as a coach and scouts leader. I NEVER knew about their personal life.

I don't think I knew any "teacher" outside of the classroom until college. Then, we would go for beers after the semester ended.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out

tackdriver

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 20, 2010
    It's utterly ridiculous to think that kindergarten teachers have some secret agenda to turn your kids butch and sissy. They're far too busy work on the alphabet and getting kids not to pee their pants.

Perhaps the people making these wild claims about sex and CRT should at least do some substitute teaching so they can understand what it's really like and who teachers really are.
    Well... we now live in a world that has become utterly ridiculous!!!

We also live in a world where a small (but very vocal) minority seem to define the world we have to live in.

It may be ridiculous (worthy of ridicule), but it is not unreasonable or illogical to believe that a small minority of the teachers are pushing their adgenda and beliefs upon our children.

There is a historical basis to believe that radicals try to indoctrinate children against parental wishes, and there are current stories that indicate it is going on here and now.

When I look at the product of our modern education system, I have to wonder "WTF do they do all day?", and the utterly ridiculous seems as good of an explanation as any other.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    It's utterly ridiculous to think that kindergarten teachers have some secret agenda to turn your kids butch and sissy. They're far too busy work on the alphabet and getting kids not to pee their pants.

Perhaps the people making these wild claims about sex and CRT should at least do some substitute teaching so they can understand what it's really like and who teachers really are.

Uh huh...

IMG_0590.JPG

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Well... we now live in a world that has become utterly ridiculous!!!

We also live in a world where a small (but very vocal) minority seem to define the world we have to live in.
    Or do we live in a world where we are pumped with news that makes us click more? Algorithms now rule what we see, and nothing generates more clicks like outrage.

That very small minority defines things because their stories generate ad revenue.

Top Bottom