• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Dr. Katie Schulte, the superintendent for the Janesville School District, said the human resources department will look into the incident and prior offenses to determine if Caya should be disciplined.

“We have not started our investigation,” Schulte said. “The police investigation would be first. Once they are completed, then HR would start its investigation.”

Schulte said violating the drug and alcohol policies can result in a wide range of disciplinary measures.

“It could be anything, such as suspension all of the way through termination,” Schulte said.

What hypocrisy!

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Apparently violating the law and numerous school policies doesn't have a zero tolerance standard.

How about let the investigation happen and due process take its course then suspend fire or whatever is appropriate. I am willing to bet the teacher is fired. The teacher deserves to be fired if the facts are as reported. I am favor of the teacher getting due process just like any other citizen.

There will be plenty of time to drive a wooden stake through her heart.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    How about let the investigation happen and due process take its course then suspend fire or whatever is appropriate. I am willing to bet the teacher is fired. The teacher deserves to be fired if the facts are as reported. I am favor of the teacher getting due process just like any other citizen.

There will be plenty of time to drive a wooden stake through her heart.

Irrelevant. Zero tolerance is just that. She was arrested and admitted to being drunk on the job. Her criminal proceedings have no bearing. She could be acquitted and she should still be terminated according to zero tolerance policy.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Irrelevant. Zero tolerance is just that. She was arrested and admitted to being drunk on the job. Her criminal proceedings have no bearing. She could be acquitted and she should still be terminated according to zero tolerance policy.

Hey, as long as she was sober enough to notice any kids who might be pointing their finger like a gun.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville

Why are you a fan of a zero tolerance policy of any kind? These are usually at the root of stupid decisions like suspending a kid for aspirin or a shirt they are wearing with a gun on it? Plus in the article I did not see where this school has a zero tolerance policy. Are you reading that into the equation or have you done independent research on their website?

If this was any other profession would you be as disgusted, or is this mainly about your grudge against public education?

She will most likely be fired, but it was not fast enough for you.

On another note I am wondering how a .27 is possible without other people noticing?

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Why are you a fan of a zero tolerance policy of any kind? These are usually at the root of stupid decisions like suspending a kid for aspirin or a shirt they are wearing with a gun on it? Plus in the article I did not see where this school has a zero tolerance policy. Are you reading that into the equation or have you done independent research on their website?

If this was any other profession would you be as disgusted, or is this mainly about your grudge against public education?

She will most likely be fired, but it was not fast enough for you.

On another note I am wondering how a .27 is possible without other people noticing?
    I doubt she is a fan. I believe her point is that there is a ZTP for the students therefore there should be one for the teachers and administrators as well.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    What due process? If I'm suspected of being under the influence while on the clock, I'm sent out for a tox screen. I believe it is company policy that if I test very low, I get an automatic suspension and return to work on a first offense. If I were to blow a .27, straight out the door I go.

One guy's screen came back positive for something and was immediately suspended while awaiting definitive results and verification of his prescription drugs. Once it was cleared up, he returned to work with back pay. Why is it that it seems to require criminal conviction to discipline a government employee?

No2rdame

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    Noblesville
    Meh, this teacher is weak. I had an old Irish hag as an English teacher my freshman year of HS. Her coffee started out a bit "strong" in the morning but by the afternoon she was lit up like a Christmas tree. I swear she probably had a bottle of Jack in her system by day's end. We all knew it, but other than getting a bit loud it never bothered any of us.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    I doubt she is a fan. I believe her point is that there is a ZTP for the students therefore there should be one for the teachers and administrators as well.

Not all schools have zero tolerance. Nothing in this article said this school does.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    What due process? If I'm suspected of being under the influence while on the clock, I'm sent out for a tox screen. I believe it is company policy that if I test very low, I get an automatic suspension and return to work on a first offense. If I were to blow a .27, straight out the door I go.

One guy's screen came back positive for something and was immediately suspended while awaiting definitive results and verification of his prescription drugs. Once it was cleared up, he returned to work with back pay. Why is it that it seems to require criminal conviction to discipline a government employee?

Policies differ from place to place. It does not take a criminal conviction to discipline a government employee. It may seem so but it does not.

I have a hard time believing this woman was .27 and no one was the wiser. What if the hospital gave the wrong results for the wrong person and she gets fired and this the mistake comes to light.

I once had a friend who was hospitalized be told that he had a fatal disease and had days to live. Turns out there were two guys names Harold L Dunn in that hospital and their tests were mixed up.

Due process is make sure the results are correct, and then take the appropriate action.

If she did this fire her. There is nothing wrong with taking sometime to do it. Suspend her until the investigation is complete.

You are getting due process. if suspected sent for a tox screen and not suspended or fired on the spot.

church

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 10, 2013
    Margaritaville
    I knew a teacher that used to keep cans of beer in his desk drawer. He opened the drawer once while i was standing in his office. I think his original plan was to write me up for being ten minutes late to class. But he let me off, and told me to keep my mouth shut. No harm, no foul.

Top Bottom