• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • longbow

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    south central IN
    Finished my taxes...So much for those making under $250,000 not getting a tax increase!

Comparing last year to this year was not any fun.

I made about the same, but I could see the creep in taxes, and changes in deductions. I knew last year I will not get a refund, so I was ready.

I would say about a $4,000 swing in federal taxes to the red within just one year. I even owed more to the State. That jumped from $22 in 2011 to $900 this year.

The checks hit the mail in the morning.

What do you think they are going to do with the extra $4,900 from me?

USMC-FF

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 20, 2013
    New Palestine
    Tell me about it! My wife and I made a little more this year but this is the first time we've ever had to pay! It really hurt writing that check!!!

87iroc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    Same here. Only 2 times I've owed in my life has been under Obama. I'm hoping his 'faux tax reduction' by changing the SS withholding amount going away this year will help with my wife and I's taxes next year. We used to use the money we got to go on vacation...no big vacations last 2 years.

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 29, 2009
    the kitchen
    Last year I got $37 back, and this year wrote a check for just under 3 grand.
    My wife made more going from 1/2 time to 3/4 time, and we lost over one third of her increase to taxes.
    Just when I thought I was going to get ahead I get the Uncle Sam BOHICA.

wizard_of_ahs

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Terre Haute
    Just remember that an extension only extends the deadline of filing your tax return. Payments that might be due as of 4/15 are still due and need to be paid.

Only 90% of it needs to go in with your return :)

I too, took a BIG hit again this year ...... makes you wonder "Why work" .... just sayin' :)

Baditude

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 2, 2011
    SE Indianapolis
    Yup I get hit too. So tired of paying even with extra witholding coming out. Now they want quarterly payments to give to the deadbeats.

To add insult to injury got my Marion County propert taxes - yup they went as well somehow my property magically increased in value by $40,000 without any changes on the SE side.

Atlas Shrugged I see it, I feel it

Top Bottom