• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JJGatesE30

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jul 22, 2010
    Who's got one? Who's shot one?

I am close to buying my first "big" revolver and the Raging Bull guns look pretty sweet. The .44 looks most appealing but I might be interested in even bigger. Anyone want to weigh in with your experiances with them?

Thanks!

17bzx0.gif

Last edited:

alluwant

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 3, 2010
    i think it looks pretty sweet to my dad just bought a taurus 44 mag, it wasnt the raging bull but we just shot it a couple of weeks ago pretty sweet and everything checked out ok.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    By MANY accounts, the Raging Bull series of revolvers are some of the best products that Taurus has ever made.

Unless the one you're looking at is "sloppy", then buy it with confidence.

-J-

84VETTE

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    Salem
    I shot one in .454. It was really nice. But I did end up buying the Smith .44 mag because the gun itself and ammo was cheaper.

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    A few of the big bore types give ravwe reviews of Taurus' Bull series.

The .44 is supposedly liked better than the others for handloaders as the frame is WAY overtask for .44 Mangle-um, but the cylinder wall thickness is far thicker than the .454 ones. In short, they are like the .357 Redhawks, WAY overbuilt for that round and should have a lot of fun! :)

TheGunDen

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2010
    Shelbyville IN
    I will give the gun thumbs up on appearance but thumbs down on accuracy. This gun is really loud and I had a hard time staying focused do to the noice(even with muffs). Desert Eagle .44 is by far the most accurate .44 I have ever shot but it looks like a piece of scrap metal, and it weighs a ton(5lbs unloaded).

Delmar

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 2, 2009
    Goshen IN
    Who's got one? Who's shot one?

I am close to buying my first "big" revolver and the Raging Bull guns look pretty sweet. The .44 looks most appealing but I might be interested in even bigger. Anyone want to weigh in with your experiances with them?

Thanks!
    I can't imagine thinking that a .44 mag is just not quite enough pistol!
    Can anyone speak to the differences between the Raging Bull and the Tracker? Aside from 6 shots vs 5, that is.

JJGatesE30

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jul 22, 2010
    Thanks for the response guys. I COULD spend more and go with a Ruger or even S&W but I honestly just really like the looks of the Taurus, and as a bonus they arent crazy expensive. Might get one tommorow afternoon.

Never even fired a .44 though, plenty of .357 in a short barreled revolver, and .45 1911's but never bigger. This wouldn't be a big shooter for me, more of an occasional gun.

reload4ever

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    I own a Bull in 454,bought it to deer hunt with afew years back. Shot a 9point at 50yards that was standing facing head on hit it above the brisket it ran about 20yds and fell over. Love that gun.

fastwally

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Peru
    There has to be one negative, I had a Taurus RB for about 2 months. From day one I was getting miss-fires, it would only dent the primer about half as much as the ones that fired. Sent the gun and ammo back to Taurus and after the second trip didn't fix it the dealer took it back and I took home another brand. Not a good experience.

Top Bottom