Roanoke

Indiana governor latest US official to visit Taiwan amid China tensions​

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    Part of me thinks china is just trying to be the bully but wont actually respond when their bluff is called... another part of me thinks we have built them up so much that they see now as their time to make their moves towards domination.

Their response will be interesting

GranolaFacility

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 22, 2022
    Westfield
    I wholeheartedly support the people of Taiwan in maintaining their independence from the tyrannical CCP, but at the same time, if there is to be a war, I hope our government will stay out of it. I don't consider a small island in China's shadow to be worth a single drop of American blood. We have enough problems at home.

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 9, 2022
    Bloomington
    Follow the money. Just follow the money. This would have likely never happened if Pelosi hadn't stirred things up with her little visit. If someone expects me to believe that this deal wasn't expected, or that those responsible for "facilitating" it by stirring the pot in China-Taiwan relations won't be getting their slice of the pie one way or another, well, they'd be dead wrong.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    I wholeheartedly support the people of Taiwan in maintaining their independence from the tyrannical CCP, but at the same time, if there is to be a war, I hope our government will stay out of it. I don't consider a small island in China's shadow to be worth a single drop of American blood. We have enough problems at home.
    We are sending Tawain 1.1 billion in weapons alone. China is not happy.

"Taiwan is an inalienable part of the #Chinese territory. The United States interferes in China's internal affairs and undermines China's sovereignty and security interests by selling arms to the Taiwan region. It runs counter to international law and basic principles in international relations, and violates the one-China principle and provisions of the three China-US joint communiques, especially the August 17 Communique."

"It sends wrong signals to "Taiwan independence" separatist forces, and severely jeopardizes China-US relations and peace and stability across the Taiwan Strait. China is firmly opposed to this.China urges the US side to honor its commitment, earnestly abide by the one-China principle and the three China-US joint communiques,stop arms sales to and military interactions with Taiwan, and immediately revoke relevant arms sales to Taiwan, lest it should cause more damages to China-US relations and peace and stability across the Taiwan Strait. "

With that we now have a 3rd major proxy war.

https://www.zerohedge.com/political...s-after-biden-approves-11bn-arms-sales-taiwan

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    Question is how long will it take to get the weapons to Taiwan?
    Given we have stockpiles in Japan probably not that long(if some are already not delivered yet I would be shocked). It would not have been made public if they were questioning rather or not the deliveries would happen.

Last edited:

GranolaFacility

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 22, 2022
    Westfield

"Taiwan is an inalienable part of the #Chinese territory. The United States interferes in China's internal affairs and undermines China's sovereignty and security interests by selling arms to the Taiwan region. It runs counter to international law and basic principles in international relations, and violates the one-China principle and provisions of the three China-US joint communiques, especially the August 17 Communique."

"It sends wrong signals to "Taiwan independence" separatist forces, and severely jeopardizes China-US relations and peace and stability across the Taiwan Strait. China is firmly opposed to this.China urges the US side to honor its commitment, earnestly abide by the one-China principle and the three China-US joint communiques,stop arms sales to and military interactions with Taiwan, and immediately revoke relevant arms sales to Taiwan, lest it should cause more damages to China-US relations and peace and stability across the Taiwan Strait. "

https://www.zerohedge.com/political...s-after-biden-approves-11bn-arms-sales-taiwan
    I'm curious what you are counting as the 3rd one. Russia/Ukraine obviously, but what else?

GranolaFacility

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 22, 2022
    Westfield

The Doublespeak our politicians engage in is incredible. I believe the U.S. government officially supports the One China Policy. I believe Joe Biden even said as much in the past few months. Yet, they sell Taiwan billions in weapons. "Well, we agree that Taiwan is part of China, but we're going to do everything we can to prevent Taiwan from being part of China." Insanity.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    I'm curious what you are counting as the 3rd one. Russia/Ukraine obviously, but what else?
    Syria. We have had an airbase in Syria since 2015. We have spent billions in a failed attempt to overthrow Assad. So you are right that one is an actual war not really a proxy one, but until congress actually declares war it is a kind of proxy war with the USA backing a new government that is not in power.

GranolaFacility

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 22, 2022
    Westfield
    Syria. We have had an airbase in Syria since 2015. We have spent billions in a failed attempt to overthrow Assad. So you are right that one is an actual war not really a proxy one, but until congress actually declares war it is a kind of proxy war with the USA backing a new government that is not in power.
    Well, I don't know. You bring up a good point. The Russians did not want Assad to be overthrown, so there was a bit of proxy war going on. Maybe there still is. I have lost track of what is happening in Syria.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    Well, I don't know. You bring up a good point. The Russians did not want Assad to be overthrown, so there was a bit of proxy war going on. Maybe there still is. I have lost track of what is happening in Syria.
    11 days ago.

12 days ago.

We also have another base in Syria that borders Iraq and Jordan.
    It was it hit just today with suicide bomb drones.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    Biden says it again.
    Q: “But would U.S. forces defend the island?"
    Biden: “Yes, if in fact there was an unprecedented attack.”

Q: “So unlike Ukraine, to be clear, sir. U.S. forces, U.S. men and women would defend Taiwan in the event of a Chinese invasion?"
    Biden: “Yes.”

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Fits the pattern of all his other 'work' - causing the destruction of the Taiwan semi-conductor industry would greatly weaken the United States

I'm sure his puppet masters are all for it

Top Bottom