• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • carbine.shooters

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    All given the complex scheduling involved in putting theses on we have decided to try a different format for the matches, and in turn, plan them out well in advance. Specifically we are shooting for federal holidays for the next three matches. In addition we are shrinking the stage count to 4 and capping the squads at 10. This will ensure everyone is on/off the range in a reasonable amount of time and everyone can still spend the holiday with families. This has never been tried by the club before and we have no idea on what to expect from the shooting community on turn-out. The dates we are targeting:

June 19 - Juneteenth

July 4 – Independence day (just with more expensive noise makers)

September 2 – Labor Day

Event Information Day Information:

Setup: 8-9 AM

Shooters Meeting and Safety Briefing immediately following registration.

Stages: 4 COF

Round Count: TBD

Where: Atlanta Conservation Club, 29595 E 88th, Atlanta, IN 46031

Match Fee: $20/ $15 to ACC Members; $3 open bolt indicators. Range officers shoot for free.

Max Shooters: 40

Payment: All on practice score registration.

The URL to preregister for June 19:

The URL to preregister for July 4

The URL to preregister for Labor day

Weather can sometime be an issue, on days that weather is a concern please check INGunOwners - Indiana Gun Owners Community under "shooting sports" for any cancellations or the email you registered with.
    Open bolt indicators are mandatory for this match and will try to have a limited number for sale for $3. However, please bring your own if you have one. On arrival at match, please leave guns bagged until directed otherwise.
    The safety briefing is MANDATORY for all shooters, miss the briefing miss the match!

If you have any additional questions you can email us at:
    carbine.shooters@yahoo.com
    Thanks!

Mike C. and Mike W.

04FXSTS

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2010
    Eugene
    What kind of range are we looking at and any campgrounds near ACC?
    About 15 miles away is White river Campgrounds just east of Cicero. Real nice place with all types of hookups from "full hookups" to primitive tent sites nice clean, quiet place with good clean showers. I stay there often and have a reservation for the IDPA state match. Jim.

Reactions: Rio

Rio

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 18, 2017
    SE Indiana
    About 15 miles away is White river Campgrounds just east of Cicero. Real nice place with all types of hookups from "full hookups" to primitive tent sites nice clean, quiet place with good clean showers. I stay there often and have a reservation for the IDPA state match. Jim.

Thanks Jim!

Barry in IN

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2008
    Since the next match is on Independence Day, it only seems right that I use the rifle that freed a lot of people and preserved freedom for so many others.

O beautiful for spacious skies,

That's right, God's Rifle, the M-1 Garand.

For amber waves of grain,

My eyes are getting moist. I hope they clear by that day.

For purple mountains majesty,

I'm not saying anything about the rest of you, but John Wayne says choosing most other rifles that day makes you a commie.

Above the fruited plain!

AMERICA! AMERICA! God shed his grace on thee!

1950s-four-young-children-singing-panoramic-images.jpgfe29fef922f5f33b3123fa7354ef9456.jpg50926137883_a4c43b6851_b.jpgOIP (1).jpegOIP (2).jpeg

Attachments

• 145.jpg
      145.jpg
      44.2 KB · Views: 2

carbine.shooters

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    All,

We had a open eye to weather conditions today and really though we could get the match done: But looking at the radar and the latest weather updates and that doesn't appear possible. We have thunder conditions and 2-3 hours of rain during the start time of the match and per club rules we are not allowed to host events in the event of thunder showers. Very sorry for the late notice on this: We really wanted to put on this match!

I will process refunds later today on this.

Thanks
    Mike C

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Hmmmm. I wonder if I can shoot and get out early enough for a family gathering at 3 in Indy?

I found out my nephew, and his girlfriend are in town that day on their way to visit her family in Korea. So I would get the stink eye if I missed it.

Hmmmmmm.

carbine.shooters

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    Hmmmm. I wonder if I can shoot and get out early enough for a family gathering at 3 in Indy?

I found out my nephew, and his girlfriend are in town that day on their way to visit her family in Korea. So I would get the stink eye if I missed it.

Hmmmmmm.

Probably. We have 4 squads of 10 and 4 stages. We optimised theses matches to be fast since we are operating on holidays.

Top Bottom