• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HoosierLife

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    Greenwood
    I think that's more related to anti-spam/fraud detection vs any sort of parsing for naughty words. I know a few times legitimate businesses have been caught in my anti-spam filter.
    Right, but their filters are stronger and more random than any other carriers.

Fits with their direction on things.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Why don't they quit wasting time on this BS and figure out how to block spoofed numbers to block spammers from using their networks. Seems to me that that would be much more valuable.

daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99%
    95   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    It's a little early in this discovery, but what the heck?! You guys with T Mobile may want to look more into this. Skimming text messages and flagging conversations! Then implementing fines. I don't want to eloborate as it may be speculation at this point.

Their rules pretty much sum up every text I send!!

S.H.A.F.T. is an acronym that stands for Sex, Hate, Alcohol, Firearms, and Tobacco. It outlines the categories of text messages specifically regulated due to moral and legal issues.

SHAFT is a handy acronym to help you remember types of content which is either forbidden or subject to special rules.
    S: Sexually inappropriate content

H: Hate speech or profanity

A: Alcohol

F: Firearms, and depictions or endorsements of violence

T: Tobacco (including vaping), or endorsement of illegal or illicit drugs, including marijuana and cannabis

In addition to the above, the promotion of gambling is not allowed.
    I got a mailer from them at the VFW the other day. It was a nice color poster to put up on the bulletin board, along with a write up about some program where veterans can save money by switching to them.

Looks to me like they're fishing for "domestic terrorists, and anti-government factions, who are a big threat to our nations security" so info could be turned over to the gov to be used in the upcoming purge.

Well, that will go in file 13 when I go in tomorrow to do deposits. Good thing it's still on the desk in my office.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I can't seem to find any credible info on this including T-moble's web site. 1. someone started this as a hoax 2. T-moble is testing the waters. IDK
    See post #24. The link posted does a pretty good job of explaining it. In short, it doesn't affect "consumers", ie. individual cell users. It affects non-consumer users, like businesses that send out texts to their customers or potential customers, political campaigns, etc..

loudgroove

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 7, 2023
    Lagrange Indiana
    See post #24. The link posted does a pretty good job of explaining it. In short, it doesn't affect "consumers", ie. individual cell users. It affects non-consumer users, like businesses that send out texts to their customers or potential customers, political campaigns, etc..
    ahhh, ok. The ol lady has been watching a lot of tv lately and I don't have headphones hooked up to the laptop. So hadn't watched it. I have now. Thanks

Top Bottom