• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    If the government would knock on doors instead of breaching them, the confusion could be settled civilly face-to-face. There would be no news story.

Or the officers could get shot in the face but what do you care, right? No sweat off your back if an "agent of the government" dies for attempting to do their job.

public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    If the government would knock on doors instead of breaching them, the confusion could be settled civilly face-to-face.
    Are you serious? That is without a doubt the stupidest statement I've ever read on INGO.

I guess if this were true none of us here would have the need to own firearms for self-protection. Everything could be settled with a knock on the door, a handshake and a slap on the back. INGO would just be a hunter's forum.

News flash... The world is full of bad, bad people.

Last edited:

jimbob488

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 6, 2012
    MERRILLVILLE INDIANA
    crazy

You never see the swat teams hitting open air drug markets in chicago?
    I wonder why?
    How about them hitting gary indiana crack houses?
    Nope
    You cant tell me they cant see the open air markets or have info on crack houses

TheReaper

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2012
    Southeastern IN
    Are you serious? That is without a doubt the stupidest statement I've ever read on INGO.

99.9% of the statements that he makes are that stupid. He's an anarchist, he's the type that believes in no law's or government whatsoever. He's the type that thinks that it would be OK to walk up behind someone and shoot them in the back of the head and be able to just walk away, or molest kids, rape women or generally do whatever makes them "feel good" without any reprecussions. You can't argue with these types because they are ALWAYS right.....hmmmm....just like the liberal trash.:dunno:

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    Is the public ignorant about these home raids?

I always assumed research was gathered on homes instead of just throwing grenades into a house. Pull some records - see who owns the home, do they have kids, whose name is on the bills, perhaps some surveillance - a day of two watching who comes and goes...procedure that I would classify as bare minimum. Double check the paperwork. Address, name, etc..maybe pull a floor plan.

I guess this doesn't always happened and that I was duped by the police. Everyday we hear about a no-knock screw-up.

Are we all just a clerical error away from a raid?

As an aside, can anyone explain to me this seemingly new phenomenon of police mailing drugs to your house then raiding it? I don't understand the big picture with this war tactic.

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    99.9% of the statements that he makes are that stupid. He's an anarchist, he's the type that believes in no law's or government whatsoever. He's the type that thinks that it would be OK to walk up behind someone and shoot them in the back of the head and be able to just walk away, or molest kids, rape women or generally do whatever makes them "feel good" without any reprecussions. You can't argue with these types because they are ALWAYS right.....hmmmm....just like the liberal trash.:dunno:

Excuse me? Trash? You just associated a man with wanton murder, rape, and child molestation.

May I suggest a mirror?

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    WOW, JUST WOW. If you really believe that is the type of person Rambone is you are just crazy. He may stretch the limits with some of his headlines and some of the stories but he generally makes a good point if you look at the story as a whole.

These no knock raids on homes of innocent people have not been on the decline, they have been on the rise or at least at a minimum they are being reported more frequently than before. Look past the absurd and look at really what is happening. I understand his points because I read the stories for what they are.

Phylo pointed out that a flashbang wasnt likely the cuase of the beat up drywall, but that does not mean this girl was any less burned by the flashbang.

The investigators even said they were not aware there was a little girl in the house, how much more negligent can a department get? It has not happened in Indy for a reason, they apparently double check their facts, unlike us poor saps down here in Evansville where Grandmothers and Granddaughters watching the Food Network and the door standing wide open can be flash banged for watching someone fry chicken

poptab

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2012

:orly:

fireblade

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    Earth

wow...... just wow .....disagree argue fine but those comments go to far....... we got are ourselves a internet tough guy :boxing:

mydoghasfleas

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 19, 2011
    Undisclosed

What a well informed statement.

ignorance-in-business-unethical.jpg

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Jeffersonville
    Any enforcement agency that is incapable of gathering valid information on a static target location has no business performing raids.

Hindsight being 20/20, would you look back on this incident and agree with following the same procedures, or could taking a different approach have possibly prevented this twelve year old from being unjustly harmed?

The big question is: What procedural changes could be enacted that would decrease the chance of this situation being repeated in the future.

Applying the same procedure and hoping for a different outcome is not an answer I would consider reasonable.

silverspoon

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Bloomfield

It's unfortunate that the girl suffered burns. But it's also unfortunate that she lives in a house that is even suspected of having a meth lab. A mistake happened, but no one has proven negligence of due diligence on the parts of the judges, the investigating officers, nor the SWAT officers.

All anyone has to do to be suspected of having a meth lab is buy cold medicine and toilet bowl cleaner at the same time. God forbid you happen to have a cold and need to clean your bathroom at the same time.

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    I have trouble taking anyone seriously that "signs" their name to their posts on a forum where your name is right next to the post. That is all.
    GBuck

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Or the officers could get shot in the face but what do you care, right? No sweat off your back if an "agent of the government" dies for attempting to do their job.
    That's an absurd statement. Kind of like saying that you don't care when innocent children are burned alive and residents are shot in their own homes.

Tell you what, let's save the no-knock warrants for real crimes of violence. Keep the agents of the government away from citizens for any form of victimless crime of vice or immorality.

Lol, you've been gone a long time!

Yeah I'm serious. I think its fairly evident that a knock on the door would have avoided all of this. Don't you think the homeowner would have answered the door?

I guess if this were true none of us here would have the need to own firearms for self-protection. Everything could be settled with a knock on the door, a handshake and a slap on the back. INGO would just be a hunter's forum.
    So without paramilitary drug raids, there would be no such thing as self-defense? I don't follow.

News flash... The world is full of bad, bad people.
    I don't think we should treat the world like a prison because there is an element of danger out there. Self-defense is appropriate, assaulting homes because someone might be getting high inside is certainly not.

All I can say is... this is hall of fame material. Thanks for the laughs. :laugh:

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    All I can say is... this is hall of fame material. Thanks for the laughs. :laugh:

Indeed so. He would be most laughable if he weren't serious. Did you read the grief I caught from this sorry, sorry excuse for a human being simply because I would not automatically apply deadly force to a fracas on behalf of team blue simply because they were the police (fact notwithstanding most of the police I have encountered personally were worse than the felons I supervised when I worked for the department of correction)? If his standard is that a badge automatically makes a person right, and conversely, I am automatically a degenerate for disagreeing with that position, there is nothing he could say that would surprise me. I just hope that he never finds himself the person standing in the way of a regime change of a dark nature, like being the person on the scene with the opportunity to be the modern-day Paul Revere, or choose not to do so (after all, the King's men are automatically right).

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    That's an absurd statement. Kind of like saying that you don't care when innocent children are burned alive and residents are shot in their own homes.

No offense but I doubt your sincerity. Whether you'd be willing to admit it or not I believe you would rather see 100 dead cops than have one no knock warrant be executed in this country regardless of the target of the warrant, their criminal history or the crime their accused of. I'm not just casting insults to incite a response, this is the opinion you have created (for me) with your posts over the years.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012

No offense but I doubt your sincerity. Whether you'd be willing to admit it or not I believe you would rather see 100 dead cops than have one no knock warrant be executed in this country regardless of the target of the warrant, their criminal history or the crime their accused of. I'm not just casting insults to incite a response, this is the opinion you have created (for me) with your posts over the years.

Gentlemen, I believe this is one of those points at which we tend to become more polarized in our arguments than we are in practice. I consider it safe to say that phylodog has absolutely no desire to see innocent people harmed and rambone does not particularly wish to see dead police stacked like cord wood.

Personally, I do not wish to see police sent on suicide missions, but at the same time, I consider reckless endangerment of citizens to be absolutely unacceptable, particularly when a no-knock is executed for frivolous reasons, or worse yet, simple becomes the standard because a given department has the resources to do it. I also find it distressing that those who are supposedly in the business of protecting and serving (please note that this is NOT directed at phylodog) can become remarkably callous about the safety and longevity of most everyone else so long as all the police go home safely at the end of the fracas.

I will also point out that one's perspective will greatly influence one's position. As I have pointed out previously, not everyone is equal. Phylodog is, and is accustomed to being surrounded by, commendable examples of his trade. Some others of us are accustomed to examples who should at minimum be in prison indefinitely.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Bengineer
    Top Bottom