• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    Just heard something that sounds like BS.

My 17 year old stepdaughter came home with a story from a guy who claimed to be on a local SWAT team in the general Indy metro area.

This purported SWAT guy is about 23 or so, and claimed he was ordered to take a guy out who had "gone berserk" with friends at his home.
    Said he didn't want to kill the guy, so he shot him in the leg, and was then ordered to kill him.
    Says it really messed him up having to do it.

Went on to say that as a SWAT member, if he's ordered to kill somebody and refuses for any reason, it's a 10 YEAR PRISON SENTENCE!

Further, that he'a also one of the people who would help round people up to put them in FEMA camps, and he would simply follow orders if they tell him to do it.

When I heard this, my first impression was that this guy sounds like a flake or a fake.

TELL ME real SWAT people, is this BS?

I can't believe you would even ask if that stupid **** was true.

MadMan66

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 7, 2012
    Hogshitt's Paradise
    I knew a guy in college who sounds a lot like this guy. Claimed to have been a sniper in some armed forces group and has "seen things" and been "shot, stabbed, and ran over." :rolleyes: The guy was only 24 and lived on my floor. He was one of those people that you're always rolling your eyes at everything they say. Some bull:poop: is just too easy to smell.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I knew a guy in college who sounds a lot like this guy. Claimed to have been a sniper in some armed forces group and has "seen things" and been "shot, stabbed, and ran over." :rolleyes: The guy was only 24 and lived on my floor. He was one of those people that you're always rolling your eyes at everything they say. Some bull:poop: is just too easy to smell.

Well yeah....when you wear it on your sleeve.....

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    He's a badass, but a badass with a heart for shooting the guy in the leg. I'd encourage the relationship. Think of all the free training you could get just from listening to him!

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I also heard a guy tell me his girlfriends dad was a marine recon sniper and could hit a quarter at 1 mile. He even saw him do it.

When I called BS he didn't like me anymore.

That one is at least remotely possible. Did you ask how many rounds it took to hit it? Hitting a quarter at 1 mile isnt so far fetched. Now doing so with regularity, thats another story....

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Went on to say that as a SWAT member, if he's ordered to kill somebody and refuses for any reason, it's a 10 YEAR PRISON SENTENCE!

Ed, did you ask for the citation for that particular statute?:D Come on, Ed, you've been on INGO long enough to know to ask for the citation when people drop silliness like that.

If it were me I would ask him to do a front roll out on the range. If he is SWAT, then he can do a front roll out.

Here are some real SWAT members demonstrating proper technique: SWAT Firearms training scene with WIP sound effects - YouTube

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    The story is obviously a little garbled. The requirement is to shoot the family's dog, and if you don't get a one-shot kill, it's a 10 year sentence for the homeowner. Then the bit about getting a retroactive warrant, but that part's boring, so he'll leave it out. Hey, if you don't have a dog, does that mean you won't have a SWAT raid?

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I can't believe you would even ask if that stupid **** was true.

I asked for the purposes of bringing the 17 year old down to reality.
    When she, and even her mother to a degree were falling for this crap last night, I said I'll put the question here.
    KNOWING the answers I'd get.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    OK, so they'll bring their own dog and shoot it. Don't reckon they'd take donations, or should I just keep Trillian for when I get raided? Otherwise they'd shoot Quarlo.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    not saying its impossible, but if you figure that one must be 21 in this state to be a LEO, then this clown would be fully trained and proficient in both normal policework and secret squirrel tactical policework within two measly years. not likely, never-mind the ridiculousness of the rest of that story.

Now THAT sounds like fun! Where do I sign up? Do team members all get patches? I'm getting a little old to jump tree to tree though. Is there an age limit?
    SecretSquirrel_full.jpg

secretsquirrel_350.jpg

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    When she, and even her mother to a degree were falling for this crap last night, I said I'll put the question here.
    KNOWING the answers I'd get.

Front . . . roll . . . out.

Any cop that tells me he is SWAT, I demand a front roll out. Plus they have to run down a beach to a Rolling Stones song.

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    A 23 yr old running that kind of crap on a 17 yr old girl has clearly never met a member of the Dad's of Daughters SWAT team. We might be hearing more about this guy on the news.

Top Bottom