• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Osprey

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 13, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I use PayPal for eBay and if given a choice with LGS sites, I use it also and never had an issue. That said, I'm neither for or against anything that might reflect my beliefs and the only belief I have is in myself. :whistle:

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I use PayPal for eBay and if given a choice with LGS sites, I use it also and never had an issue. That said, I'm neither for or against anything that might reflect my beliefs and the only belief I have is in myself. :whistle:
    Just remember, its not a problem until its a problem.
    “You may not use the PayPal service for activities that: relate to transactions involving … ammunition, firearms, or certain firearm parts or accessories, or (k) certain weapons or knives regulated under applicable law.”

That means when you pay using paypal and the dude doesnt ship your ammo, when you complain PP will likely say "tough :poop:. You broke the rules, no refund." or just close your account and hold your funds. They are famous for that. You MIGHT get it back after fighting them for many months. Lots of stories of rule breakers that had their accounts closed with sometimes thousands of dollars in it, and PP refused to refund them. I think if you fight hard enough they might slow walk your money back to you in a year or so.

Might as well use Cashapp, Zelle, etc.

Osprey

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 13, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Just remember, its not a problem until its a problem.

That means when you pay using paypal and the dude doesnt ship your ammo, when you complain PP will likely say "tough :poop:. You broke the rules, no refund." or just close your account and hold your funds. They are famous for that. You MIGHT get it back after fighting them for many months. Lots of stories of rule breakers that had their accounts closed with sometimes thousands of dollars in it, and PP refused to refund them. I think if you fight hard enough they might slow walk your money back to you in a year or so.

Might as well use Cashapp, Zelle, etc.
    I guess I've been lucky. I haven't been doing any gun related purchases for a few years so I'm not too worried. I was gung ho for about three straight years purchasing nonstop but I've found other hobbies now. I do miss going to the range though.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I guess I've been lucky. I haven't been doing any gun related purchases for a few years so I'm not too worried. I was gung ho for about three straight years purchasing nonstop but I've found other hobbies now. I do miss going to the range though.
    As long as you understand the risks.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    As long as you understand the risks.

I think this is good advice.

One must understand that your "gift to a friend" has no warranty or coverage for the end result.

I vet INGOers that I send gifts to through their feedback and post history. Can't say for sure that I'd use Paypal for a larger dollar amount to pay any random seller that couldn't be investigated.

:twocents:

Top Bottom