• Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Here's my take what's yours?

recorded it and watched the end live. Fast forwarded it to all commercials and half time show. Then to each commercial up till the last quarter of the game and watched it live then the celebration. Best super bowl ever lol. Glad to see manning end it like a boss!
    I could give a **** less about football really but I respect a champion. And he is a ****ing champion! Glad I got to bodyguard for him many years ago. I hope he comes back to live in Indiana. He does so much good for the community.
    I think I liked the first jeep commercial the best and the Doritos commercial with the baby, also the Toyota commercial with daddy spying on the date night (I'll be there soon) lol.
    Gaga sang one of the best National Anthems I have ever heard. Although she looked like a character out of a futuristic comic book mated with a member of the 70's Brady bunch.
    Tom Brady can suck a ...... You get it. I just wanted to throw that in there because well ... **** tom Brady. I hate cheaters.
    Good half time show, I like Coldplay and Bruno Mars. Beyoncé can go jump off a building with her black panther friends. And she needs to stop wearing those ugly ass panty pants with depends under them. Youre a mom act like it.
    Congrats Broncos! You played like champions and your hard work paid off!

Hope everyone is having a great morning!

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    It was primarily a defensive game and, therefore, a team win rather than a win by the quarterback.
    There were some calls the commentators thought the officials got wrong, but that's just part of the game.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    I thought the game itself was a fantastic battle of two excellent defenses.

It is ironic, IMHO, that in winning a second SB ring as the starting QB for a team that won via defense, Manning completely eviscerated the idiotic arguments that he wasn't "elite" because he only had one SB ring. Is Manning more "elite" now, because of last night's game? Of course not. He was the G.O.A.T. before last night's game, and he remains the G.O.A.T. regardless of the outcome of last night's game.

As for the commentators: I'm pretty sure Mike Carey thinks Carolina won the game.

And that was one of the worst renditions of the National Anthem I've ever heard.

mikebol

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 22, 2015
    Trafalgar
    I agree, this was an outstanding defensive game on both sides of the ball. In the end, the Broncos showed why they have been a top rated defense all season. You could see the confusion and frustration on Cam's face all game, he just never seemed to get a rhythm. The DBs took all of his big play threats away and then Von Miller didn't give him time to find an outlet pass. It was good to see Cam forced to be humble.

As for the National Anthem, I agree. I'd like to see it sung traditionally. You've likely seen this before but this young lady is who I'd invite to any such event.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U4CRdYGK4Ys

Mike

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    :rockwoot:

This only helps the cause to get the Star Spangled Banner replaced with a song that singable by all.

There should not be "renditions" of the national anthem.

It's not difficult to sing. The problem is when it is turned into a performance that focuses on the singer, rather than something intended to honor the flag. Call me old-school and blame my high school band director (hope you're enjoying your well-earned retirement, Mr. Russ Smith!). The National Anthem should be performed at about 120bpm, not as a funeral dirge, and not as an operatic, fine-part performance such as Lady Gaga's.

Singing the National Anthem is about the song and its meaning, NOT about the performer. ANYTHING that distracts from the Anthem and places focus on the performer is disrespectful.

I can't find a video of it, but in one of the playoff games this year - I think it was Packers @ Redskins - an Air Force officer sang the Anthem, and I thought her rendition was one of the best I've ever heard.

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis
    It was primarily a defensive game and, therefore, a team win rather than a win by the quarterback.
    There were some calls the commentators thought the officials got wrong, but that's just part of the game.

That might be part of basketball, but I thought instant replay was supposed to fix that in the NFL. I'm glad Broncos won but it's unbelievable they didn't overturn that incomplete.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    That might be part of basketball, but I thought instant replay was supposed to fix that in the NFL. I'm glad Broncos won but it's unbelievable they didn't overturn that incomplete.

What was the indisputable visual evidence that it was a catch? That's the rule, and that's the standard for overturning a call via replay: the replay must show indisputable visual evidence of the correct call:

1. Indisputable visual evidence that the original call was correct: the call is confirmed
    2. Indisputable visual evidence that the original call was incorrect: the call is overturned/changed
    3. No indisputable visual evidence that the original call was correct or incorrect: the call stands

On the play in question, the original call stood. The visual evidence was not indisputable. That's the correct replay decision. The rules were followed correctly.

From my perspective, objectively, I doubt the original call, whether a completion or an incompletion, could have been overturned. But subjectively, even the replay showed what appeared to be the ball hitting the ground not under control, not once, but twice.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I enjoyed the game. I love good defense. I love it when defenses score points and create opportunities for points. I especially love it when the team I'm pulling for has that defense. :D

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    What was the indisputable visual evidence that it was a catch? That's the rule, and that's the standard for overturning a call via replay: the replay must show indisputable visual evidence of the correct call:

1. Indisputable visual evidence that the original call was correct: the call is confirmed
    2. Indisputable visual evidence that the original call was incorrect: the call is overturned/changed
    3. No indisputable visual evidence that the original call was correct or incorrect: the call stands

On the play in question, the original call stood. The visual evidence was not indisputable. That's the correct replay decision. The rules were followed correctly.

From my perspective, objectively, I doubt the original call, whether a completion or an incompletion, could have been overturned. But subjectively, even the replay showed what appeared to be the ball hitting the ground not under control, not once, but twice.

It touched the ground but I thought the player had control of it when it did. These things have a tendency to even out over the course of a game. There was a call later (I can't recall now what it was) that went against the Broncos that got Carolina a first down that I thought was a bad call. The losers and the fans of the losers will point to missed calls and complain. I guess it's part of the greiving process.

ziggy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2013
    Fort Wayne area
    The Broncos won as I expected they would. It is a cliche, but there is a lot of truth to it: "Defense wins championships". Peyton did not have a good game but he did outplay Cam Newton. Cam is a great player and he may be back, but his play and attitude, especially post-game, were definitely not championship caliber.

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    I was happy to see the Broncos win, and for Peyton to be able to go out on top (I can't envision any situation where he'll play next year). The QB play on both sides was pretty lackluster for sure, but man what a great defensive game. As a defensive player myself, I was pretty happy to see a tough battle like that.

I thought the national anthem was much better than some renditions we've seen, but agree with a "less is more" approach. A nice up tempo version is best to me, sung from the heart with genuine respect. I've seen a number of ordinary folks absolutely nail it, to where I had goose bumps and watery eyes (like that girl linked above).

I did appreciate the crowd cheering when they showed the live feeds from the middle east and the troops at attention. Say what you will about the state of our country right now, we do generally seem to be in support of our brave men and women keeping this country free.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    And that was one of the worst renditions of the National Anthem I've ever heard.

I thought it was great. She sang her arse off, hit EVERY note, and only added a couple for good measure.:dunno:

Tell me, how do you feel about the Jimi Hendrix version? Just curious.

velociraptor

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2015
    Jurassic Park
    Yeah, I was actually impressed with the Anthem. In years of the performer doing whacky runs and changing the words, I thought her performance was well done. And, as a bonus, she was dressed rather tastefully, compared to some of her normal wardrobe choices.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    It touched the ground but I thought the player had control of it when it did.

That could be, but it is a subjective evaluation. The replay did not show indisputable visual evidence that the player had control of the ball - and that the ball was clearly still moving after the receiver started rolling over is pretty good evidence that it wasn't in his control when it would have hit the ground. (Note that the replay didn't show the ball actually hitting the ground, either - which is why I would find that replay to be insufficient evidence to overturn the original call, whether originally called as a completion or incomplete.)

These things have a tendency to even out over the course of a game. There was a call later (I can't recall now what it was) that went against the Broncos that got Carolina a first down that I thought was a bad call. The losers and the fans of the losers will point to missed calls and complain. I guess it's part of the greiving process.

There have been some truly poorly officiated games; I didn't think this was one of them. The calls were pretty consistent. Both teams have aggressive defenses, that excel at rushing the passer and shutting down receivers. The officials seemed to call both sides fairly with respect to line and DB holding.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    I thought it was great. She sang her arse off, hit EVERY note, and only added a couple for good measure.:dunno:

My main problem was that she sang it at about half-tempo. It was drawn-out, performance art. Otherwise, she was dressed well, hit all the notes, and didn't add grace notes, trills, runs, etc.

Tell me, how do you feel about the Jimi Hendrix version? Just curious.

It showcased the obvious musical talents of Hendrix. Very impressive talents, but showcasing talents is not the purpose of the National Anthem.

Top Bottom