• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • What brand of sunglasses do you buy and why?

• Total voters

danielocean03

Come in, Manacle Shark.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Hamilton County
    After purchasing numerous pairs of sunglasses, (mostly Oakley) I began researching other brands for a new replacement. I just ordered a new pair of 5.11 Falcons this evening, might still order a pair of Wiley-X Romero II's. Got me to wondering what fellow INGOers are sporting, here's the poll:

Last edited:

MoparMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    I see no poll either but i wear only oakley's as well. Have the Oakley XX's and Half Jacket XLJ's

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Woo Hooo! First to the poll, Oakley's only for me. Why? ANSI certified for impact, etc. 100% optical clarity(the most important), and they work.

danielocean03

Come in, Manacle Shark.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Hamilton County
    Woo Hooo! First to the poll, Oakley's only for me. Why? ANSI certified for impact, etc. 100% optical clarity(the most important), and they work.

I have Oakley safety glasses for work, they are tougher than nails. I'll buy another pair for sure once they get too scratched up to use. I've worn them a little over two years now almost every day at work and they've been great.

I've had a pair of Minutes, those were my first, bought those on my Finish Line discount way back when I worked there.

I have a couple pairs of Square Wires, I've liked them pretty well, but they aren't as durable as I'd like them to be.

danielocean03

Come in, Manacle Shark.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Hamilton County
    I've worn Serengeti's for about 4 years now. Their polarized lenses are excellent.

There's another brand I forgot, I knew there would be a bunch of brands I either overlooked or hadn't heard of. Sorry guys! Already, I'm willing to bet that Oakley will likely reign supreme, seems like everyone has at least one pair of them.

ATF Consumer

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    South Side Indy
    Oakley...I finally found sunglasses as cool as I am :mullet:
    I've always been a fan of the M-frame. I've had several pair now. They usually last me about a year and a half then it's time to buy new ones.
    I've always liked them best because of the wrap design which allows the lens to cover more of your viewing area.

Slab

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    fort wayne
    I use the mall copy ones. i break mine too much to get the good stuff. i used to get the oakley copys, but now i have some with thicker arms so i can abuse them more before they break.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    I use the mall copy ones. i break mine too much to get the good stuff. i used to get the oakley copys, but now i have some with thicker arms so i can abuse them more before they break.
    I hear this excuse a lot, but really, you shell out $100+ for a pair of shades, and trust me, you REMEMBER where they are at at all times. No sitting on'em, no losing them, etc. PLUS, if you are a shooter, the fakes and gas station brands will NOT protect your eyes. My eyes are "Oakley Saves" three times over, I'll never own another brand. You eyesight though to each his own. I currently have 6 pair, going for 4 more, US Standard Issue discount is pretty good.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Oakley...I finally found sunglasses as cool as I am :mullet:
    I've always been a fan of the M-frame. I've had several pair now. They usually last me about a year and a half then it's time to buy new ones.
    I've always liked them best because of the wrap design which allows the lens to cover more of your viewing area.
    I have my ORIGINAL Oakley Blades(precursor to the M-Frame) from the early to mid 90's to this day.(I don't wear them as they are scratched to hell, but I still have them.)

NEWMAN

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2008
    maui jims titanium. you can sit on them and they bounce back to shape. My dog ate mine before his trainning and they replaced them for free
    Edit price anything from $250 to $325

Turtle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 8, 2008
    INDY
    Oakley! reason I just had lasik and wanted the best! The lenses are tough enough to withstand a shotgun blast. They have great polarization. And they will snap apart instead of breaking. Just snap them back together and they are fixed. Same goes for the lenses. I love mine!

Top Bottom