• ...and so much more!
  • rich8483

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2009
    Crown Point - Lake County
    which way were looking for us to vote?

I as a christian man dont really condone doing business on sunday whether it be alchohol or toothpaste. doesnt matter what it is. that shopping could have been done on saturday

but i also dont condone government interference. so i voted to allow the sale on sunday because im perfectly capable of not shopping myself on a sunday without it being a law and then not have my views forced on other poeple.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    I as a christian man dont really condone doing business on sunday whether it be alchohol or toothpaste. doesnt matter what it is. that shopping could have been done on saturday

but i also dont condone government interference. so i voted to allow the sale on sunday because im perfectly capable of not shopping myself on a sunday without it being a law and then not have my views forced on other poeple.

Good answer. I'm sick of Government telling me what to do. We can make our own moral decisions.

Bruenor

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 26, 2008
    Pendleton
    I vote to allow Sunday alcohol sales. You can go to a bar and drink on Sunday's, why can't you buy beer and drink in your home on Sunday? It doesn't make sense to me.

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I'm part jew, so there that. But I like cold beer when I want it. So again there's that.

I hope all them thirsty athiests have a place to drink whenever they want. They're welcome to drop by my bbq's. Beers a plenty.

LPMan59

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    South of Heaven
    i can get trashed at a bar and drive home, but can't just be safe in my own home?

these businesses that are crying foul are so full of BS. being from Ohio where you can buy cold beer at every gas station and alcohol at a Drive-Thru any day of the week, i can assure everyone that no one will go out of business. and if they do, well that the free market for you. besides, obama will prolly take control and bail you out anyways.

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    All done and commented...

Drunks need a day to sober up so they can realize they are drunks. People who just need a beer every single day of the week but are not drunks shouldn't have a problem remembering it's Saturday and buying one extra so they can make it through Sunday.

Any one who can't handle this logic or is incapable of figuring it out, most certainly has a problem with alcohol or worse.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    yes, it's not the government's business.

Same with purchasing a vehicle, from a dealer, on a Sunday.

Or closing a mortgage.

Should be up to each individual business owner / manager whether to trade on Sunday or not.

-J-

Lucas156

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Greenwood
    I think it should be ok to sell on Sunday. Reminds me of something I heard on the radio the other day. They were doing this thing where people would call in to say what things should be illegal. People would say things like if you are over 200 pounds you cant wear a bikini. What? yeah lets just make everything illegal. This is what our country is coming to-people think we can just make laws to restrict things and it will make everything better.

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    I am shocked to see how close the results are...

Seperation of church and state.... what reason would the government have to ban sales on sunday? i think that if they want to ban it on a day they should do it on a monday so they cannot say that religion has anything to do with the day sales are not allowed.... once there are no sales on monday, whats the logic in that?

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    I am shocked to see how close the results are...

Seperation of church and state.... what reason would the government have to ban sales on sunday? i think that if they want to ban it on a day they should do it on a monday so they cannot say that religion has anything to do with the day sales are not allowed.... once there are no sales on monday, whats the logic in that?

I am saddened that there are 50%+ of people in Indiana that think it is okay to use the force of government to intervene in a private contract between consenting parties. The liquor store owners want to use the government's guns to limit sales on Sunday because they don't want to compete with grocery stores or big box stores. The theocrats want to use the government's guns to legislate a "moral" society that fits within their religious framework. Politics makes strange bed fellows. All the while, the free man just wants to buy a beer.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    What I find ironic, is that the government is taking God out of everything, but still back laws that are very much Christian.

EDIT: Also, I can't believe 58% of people support a total smoking ban. Well, I guess I can since so many people want to make everything illegal.

Last edited:

rich8483

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2009
    Crown Point - Lake County
    What I find ironic, is that the government is taking God out of everything, but still back laws that are very much Christian.

EDIT: Also, I can't believe 58% of people support a total smoking ban. Well, I guess I can since so many people want to make everything illegal.
    i dont smoke (kinda used to) and the smoking ban thing pisses me off.

what difference does it make to person A if person B is smoking. just dont stand next to him. the more we make it ok for the government to intervene in one thing, the more they will intervene in another. then butter will be illegal. sugar. pop. red meat. non low fat ice cream. etc.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    i dont smoke (kinda used to) and the smoking ban thing pisses me off.

what difference does it make to person A if person B is smoking. just dont stand next to him. the more we make it ok for the government to intervene in one thing, the more they will intervene in another. then butter will be illegal. sugar. pop. red meat. non low fat ice cream. etc.

Yea, I refuse to live in a world reminiscent of "The Demolition Man" too. :laugh:

haldir

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2008
    Goshen
    I voted against it and it has nothing to do with religion. Look at who is pushing for and against. For it are all of the massive corporations, walmart, kroger, etc. Against it are all of your neighbors that own liquor stores. I will stand with the local people against the massive corporations when I can.

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    I voted against it and it has nothing to do with religion. Look at who is pushing for and against. For it are all of the massive corporations, walmart, kroger, etc. Against it are all of your neighbors that own liquor stores. I will stand with the local people against the massive corporations when I can.

...and in turn distort the market to favor one entity over the other, stifling innovation and consumer choice - a hallmark of protectionist economic policy. When businesses are forced to compete in a free market, the consumer will come out on top, particularly in this case. Why should the shareholders, managers, and employees of Kroger suffer for the benefit of liquor store owners? Why not let the market pick the winners and losers.

There are many ways that liquor stores can compete. A while back I was in a liquor store near my house and near the cash register was a petition that they wanted customers to sign in opposition of Sunday sales. I struck up a conversation with the employee about the proposed scenario and the point he was constantly driving home was the additional cost of operating the store on Sunday. Nevermind the fact that there are only about 3-4 "owners" of liquor stores in the city. Most are owned and operated by larger entities - 21st Amendment for example. I don't know if staffing the stores an extra day would result in a loss or not, I haven't seen the numbers. It just seems a little backwards to not even want to try it. If your store loses money on Sundays, don't open them. Seems pretty simple. I also think that liquor stores have a lot more to offer than the big box stores. Selection is never going to as great at big box stores. Staff knowledge, recommendations, tastings, sponsorship opportunites - all could be a powerful niche market that would allow the liquor stores to compete with the big boxes - something they do 6 days a week to begin with. Instead, we have a group of businessmen who favor using force to distort the free market so they won't be forced to compete or innovate. Who wins? The small group of business owners who are relying on government to proteect thier margins. Who loses? Consumers who have fewer choices and the business that are competing with the liquor stores. Walmart and Kroger employees are your neighbors as well.

Last edited:

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    if they turn a profit on monday
    profit on tuesday
    profit on wedsday
    profit on thursday
    profit on friday