• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • alfahornet

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 25, 2008
    Most states allow buying alcohol on Sunday. So, yes IN should change the law and catch up. I could understand a complete ban on liquor Sundays but I just don't follow the logic of why it is legal to drink at a bar but not buy a six pack at the store and drink at home.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 20, 2008
    Granite Falls, NC
    Government has no business telling me when I can do business.

This is basically what it comes down to for me, as well. What is the reasoning behind not allowing package sales on Sunday? You can still go to a bar, yeah, but if you're like me and prefer the comfort of your home, and forget to pick up a six pack the day before....you're SOL.

In the town where I lived in Florida, they had a similar law...but you could drive outside of city limits and buy package, so what was the point, other than the local shops losing that business?

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    The only people that profit by banning carry out liquor sales on Sunday is the bars. I'd say they would still make money on Sunday, but the market would level itself out after a while. Those that go to a bar usually crave what bars have to offer. They'll still want to go. So... :dunno:

semperfi211

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Near Lowell
    It isn't that big of a deal, but I guess it is the principal of it. If I happen to run out of beer on Sat night and we are cooking out on Sunday, I run over to Beecher Il. and stock up. The residents of the peoples republic of Illinois come here to buy gas and cigs, and if I don't plan ahead I but my booze there on Sunday.

Top Bottom