Suggestions for mis-feeding CMMG MKG 45acp?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JP Gringo

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 3, 2022
    Winchester, Virginia
    That is what I would expect considering the radio silence from their support team. At least you got speak with a warm body at CMMG.

I am pretty disappointed with the CMMG company and staff. I will not buy another product or recommend anything with their name on it. Like you, I could not in good conscience sell this MkG to my worst enemy.

I am gald I found your thread on this issue. It helped me dice through the issue with more than just my optic.

JP Gringo

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 3, 2022
    Winchester, Virginia
    Ok, it has been a while since I have been able to get the MkG back on the range. This week I took it out and put 370 rds, 230 FMJ though it and no feeding issues. I left the MkG dirty from my previous range days just to see if it would play nice. I am now satisfied with my fixes and feel the MkG is now in what I would consider a reliable pistol. Soft me, replacing the OEM 6" buffer tube with a standard 7" buffer tube and 2.5 oz. buffer weight has been running flawless for the past year. I did have one issue with one of my Glock 21 mags. I swapped out the spring and follower with another G21 mag and that appears to have cleared up the feed issue with my one G21 mag.

Unfortunately CMMG never did reach back out, I haven't tried to contact then since 2022. Figured it wasn't worth the frustration since I appear to have found my fix.

I hope this helps anyone else who maybe experiencing the same/similar issues that I was.

DD15CBUS

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 16, 2024
    Columbus
    I have heard iffy reviews on CMMG service, after reading this, I'll have to remember to probably avoid them. For their pricing you'd expect much better service.

Top Bottom