• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    Wife has a brand new Accord in the driveway. Dash rattles worse than my 77 Chevy did in high school.
    I mean my Rio dash rattles on our washboard roads but it’s 10 years old, on coilovers and has had the snot beat out of it the last 3 years so I ain’t made at it.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    The owner demographic change is going to change real soon when those smash and drive insurance claims from the key recall come due on the next insurance bill. I see lots of them coming up for sale soon.
    Oh no, insurance is going up $10 - $14 a month! Can't afford that, better hurry up and sell it!

:runaway: :rolleyes: :):

"The rise in car thefts is also driving up insurance rates, according to Bank Rate Senior Analyst Ted Rossman.
    "Suffice to say, it's up considerably. You know, 10...15... maybe 17%," he said. "It's a big deal for people because let's say your insurance cost was $1,000 bucks; you know, if it went up 17%, that's $170 a year. And many people have more than one vehicle too."

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    As far as resale...why do you think that is? Why are they worth more? There must be a reason.
    Interesting question. I don't know much about many of the foreign brands.

My wife came with a Honda Civic, She thought it was great, as all her nurse friends at the hospital had them. I was never impressed, uncomfortable, cheap feeling car. After a couple of pretty expensive repairs, not to mention a lot of little crap breaking or falling off, I put a screwdriver in the glove compartment and told her next time it broke down, take the license plate off, leave it abandoned where it sat and take a taxi home. It still brought a good trade in price. Many of her co workers were upset we did not offer it to them. I do know that resale is not always straight logic.

The people that brag about getting 250,000+ miles out of a Volvo, are also the ones that take it to the dealer for a couple of very detailed scheduled maintenance intervals per year. I think Volvo made some good cars, but if you maintained a Chevette that well, it would last a long time also.

I have purchased Colt Gold Cups, and Colt National Match models. Paid serious extra money. It was accepted at that time that you went straight from the shop to a gunsmith to have it worked on to get it right. The target models of any other brand are good right out of the box. Yet people will still pay serious extra money for a Gold Cup. Marlin never made a 30/30 lever gun that was as bad as the last 40 years of Winchester 94's, yet a clean model 94 will still bring the premium price.

If the straight logic of value per dollar was an economic reality, many brands would be off the market.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tweaver1500
    Top Bottom