Student loan 'Forgiveness",Too little to help anyone, just enough to make everyone angry

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    My offer to allow the student load forgiveness if I get:

1. $50,000 tax credit on each tax return for the rest of my life, OR

2. A run through a federal warehouse. I get unlimited access to a federal warehouse of my designation, a giant shopping cart, 3 buddies and an 8 hour clock. Everything I get over the finish line is mine free and clear with all necessary tax stamps.
    Even Mitt Romney doesn't have THAT grand of a fantasy about the value of his one vote

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    Do people wanting this understand the government will BORROW the money to pay for it? At current rates it will cost MUCH more to pay back in interest(and those 10yr treasury rates keep going up) than if the student loan borrowers would just pay off their own debt. Sadly most do not seem to.
    Why would they? It is "free" money.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Do people wanting this understand the government will BORROW the money to pay for it? At current rates it will cost MUCH more to pay back in interest(and those 10yr treasury rates keep going up) than if the student loan borrowers would just pay off their own debt. Sadly most do not seem to.
    It is free to them because most that are getting their debit paid don’t pay taxes anyway…

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    It is free to them because most that are getting their debit paid don’t pay taxes anyway…
    They will and so will their kids and grand kids. No way tax collection is doing anything but going up. The interest alone on government debt is already set to hit one trillion per year soon,something that was unthinkable just 10 years ago.

rooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Indianapolis
    The money has already been borrowed. Biden is attempting to cancel money in the “accounts receivable” column.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    They will and so will their kids and grand kids. No way tax collection is doing anything but going up. The interest alone on government debt is already set to hit one trillion per year soon,something that was unthinkable just 10 years ago.

You really think that the majority of recipients of loan forgiveness have great jobs and pay taxes? I really do not. They probably get EIC…

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out

Most have been well conditioned to the point they do not even pay attention to the tribute rendered...or the barrel at their head.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    That's a pretty broad brush you're painting with there. Gonna have to show your work on that claim.

I recall when this scheme first rolled out there was much chatter about the fact that many of the loans being forgiven were folks with advanced degrees and decent incomes. Essentially a gift to overly educated liberals. I suspect most of them actually do pay taxes.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    That's a pretty broad brush you're painting with there. Gonna have to show your work on that claim.

I recall when this scheme first rolled out there was much chatter about the fact that many of the loans being forgiven were folks with advanced degrees and decent incomes. Essentially a gift to overly educated liberals. I suspect most of them actually do pay taxes.
    Yes it is and it is every bit as good as the brushes so called experts use because a search will show you there is no consensus of just who will benefit.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    And maybe a lesson to learn for many is not to trust government employees telling then to borrow massive amounts of money for a degree in a field that does not pay or has few jobs available.

But that would not create subjects as well…

Indeed.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    Pocket change. A new government program that ONLY cost 100 million per year to administrate?

100 Million per year to manage the 426 BILLION dollar program. They really are doing this on the cheap guys. I mean Ukraine(115 billion) and Swiss banks (14 billion in the last 3 weeks) are barely 1/4 of that amount.

Top Bottom