• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

AtTheMurph

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2013
    I'm looking for MORE FALLING PRICES in the stock market.

China is locking down another area of the country. Production will crash again. We are just now seeing the shortages of Chinese goods in our stores. The shortages are going to continue for the foreseeable future. People betting on this being a 2-3 month event followed by a sharp recovery are going to be disappointed with the news coming out of China, but not widely reported (yet) that they are now on lockdown in some areas again.

Give it time and be patient. Prices may still go much lower. This thing has only just begun and in most past market drops the bottom is not reached for 6 months to a year or more after the initial shock.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    I just read April 13th is when your covid-19 electronic funds will start being transferred. If you are getting a check in the mail it will likely be around 20 weeks.

You will get them electronically if you filed a tax return.

It will most likely be discussed at the White House briefing today. Also Steve Mnuchin and Jovita Carranza should be present(to talk about the 350billion for small businesses that may or may not actually start Friday). Starts at 5pm
    https://www.whitehouse.gov/live/

https://www.forexlive.com/news/!/le...l-business-program-rollout-is-a-mess-20200402
    [FONT=&quot]Treasury releases an app for the PPP loans and the ENTIRE country has been filling it out in preparation for tomorrow. Our engineers have been working for 48 hours straight to build an automated experience... and now, the SBA is saying that THAT application is not complete!
    [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]It's 12 hours before America's small businesses will be applying... and they STILL haven't released a new app for lenders. **There's no way this will be ready by tomorrow.** No one actually knows what's needed to actually document the application. There's been no updated guidance from the few documents they posted on Monday. At this point, there are WAY more questions than answers. Lenders are begging to get answers like: -does the bank have to be an SBA-licensed lender to participate? Or just an FDIC bank? -how does a lender apply to
    [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]approved as a PPP lender? On Monday, the guidance said to just send an email to apply, but SBA is saying that's not correct. The lender needs to complete a new expedited '750 application.' I asked when they would release the application (because many lenders are waiting response to the email they sent. SBA's answer: soon! -most lenders are worried they won't have enough capital to fund the demand, and are asking how quickly they will be 'reimbursed' on the loans so they can replenish capital. No answers yet. [/FONT]

Last edited:

AtTheMurph

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2013
    I just read April 13th is when your covid-19 electronic funds will start being transferred. If you are getting a check in the mail it will likely be around 20 weeks.

You will get them electronically if you filed a tax return.

It will most likely be discussed at the White House briefing today. Also Steve Mnuchin and Jovita Carranza should be present(to talk about the 350billion for small businesses that may or may not actually start Friday). Starts at 5pm
    https://www.whitehouse.gov/live/

https://www.forexlive.com/news/!/le...l-business-program-rollout-is-a-mess-20200402
    [FONT=&amp]Treasury releases an app for the PPP loans and the ENTIRE country has been filling it out in preparation for tomorrow. Our engineers have been working for 48 hours straight to build an automated experience... and now, the SBA is saying that THAT application is not complete!
    [/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]It's 12 hours before America's small businesses will be applying... and they STILL haven't released a new app for lenders. **There's no way this will be ready by tomorrow.** No one actually knows what's needed to actually document the application. There's been no updated guidance from the few documents they posted on Monday. At this point, there are WAY more questions than answers. Lenders are begging to get answers like: -does the bank have to be an SBA-licensed lender to participate? Or just an FDIC bank? -how does a lender apply to
    [/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]approved as a PPP lender? On Monday, the guidance said to just send an email to apply, but SBA is saying that's not correct. The lender needs to complete a new expedited '750 application.' I asked when they would release the application (because many lenders are waiting response to the email they sent. SBA's answer: soon! -most lenders are worried they won't have enough capital to fund the demand, and are asking how quickly they will be 'reimbursed' on the loans so they can replenish capital. No answers yet. [/FONT]

They are going to loosen the requirements on banks to "know your customer", raise the rate and watch 90% of it go to scammers and illegal immigrants. Just wait.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Give it time and be patient. Prices may still go much lower. This thing has only just begun and in most past market drops the bottom is not reached for 6 months to a year or more after the initial shock.

Yessiree. The first drop leading into the great depression was about Dow 360 to around Dow 200. It then began to recover and those who still had money piled back in, taking it back up to 280. Getting back in then was the fatal mistake as it dropped to around Dow 45 and stayed in a narrow range for years. Many of the people trying to ride the first 'recovery' were using margin to multiply their 'earnings' and were ruined by the ensuing margin calls

TDWagner

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 10, 2016
    Goshen
    Buy index funds, not individual stocks...you’re not good enough to pick the right ones (nobody is). Also, look at the fees. Passive index funds are VERY low cost, it makes a BIG difference over time.

Vanguard highly recommended.

This is a time to buy, stocks are deeply discounted right now (provided you’re not at retirement age).

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    Buy index funds, not individual stocks...you’re not good enough to pick the right ones (nobody is). Also, look at the fees. Passive index funds are VERY low cost, it makes a BIG difference over time.

Vanguard highly recommended.

This is a time to buy, stocks are deeply discounted right now (provided you’re not at retirement age).
    03.18.2020_wait_for_the_bounce_cartoon.png

ziggy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2013
    Fort Wayne area
    This ain't 1930.

Yessiree. The first drop leading into the great depression was about Dow 360 to around Dow 200. It then began to recover and those who still had money piled back in, taking it back up to 280. Getting back in then was the fatal mistake as it dropped to around Dow 45 and stayed in a narrow range for years. Many of the people trying to ride the first 'recovery' were using margin to multiply their 'earnings' and were ruined by the ensuing margin calls

I do not presume to know the future, but take the above warning with a bit of salt. In the 1930's the Fed shrank the money supply by about two thirds. The government became extraordinarily involved in controlling the private sector economy.
    On the other hand, in recent weeks the Fed has been blowing up the money supply at a rate in excess of 25% per annum. While the Fed, through the Treasury has become the lender of last resort available to all politically favored businesses. Trump is resisting the calls for him to take control of the actual business operations, as many of his critics are demanding.
    I'm not sure if the market is out of the woods yet, but I have been following a number of technical indicators for decades, and several are giving signals that a bottom may be forming and, possibly we have seen the lows for this cycle. The Fed could keep pumping up the money supply, or it could stop the rapid growth, at they did from mid November until a few weeks ago. Things are not normal and the man behind the curtain seems to be driving financial markets crazy while everyone is too busy watching CV-19 numbers to pay attention to the roller-coaster ride numbers on the money supply. Time will tell.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    I do not presume to know the future, but take the above warning with a bit of salt. In the 1930's the Fed shrank the money supply by about two thirds. The government became extraordinarily involved in controlling the private sector economy.
    On the other hand, in recent weeks the Fed has been blowing up the money supply at a rate in excess of 25% per annum. While the Fed, through the Treasury has become the lender of last resort available to all politically favored businesses. Trump is resisting the calls for him to take control of the actual business operations, as many of his critics are demanding.
    I'm not sure if the market is out of the woods yet, but I have been following a number of technical indicators for decades, and several are giving signals that a bottom may be forming and, possibly we have seen the lows for this cycle. The Fed could keep pumping up the money supply, or it could stop the rapid growth, at they did from mid November until a few weeks ago. Things are not normal and the man behind the curtain seems to be driving financial markets crazy while everyone is too busy watching CV-19 numbers to pay attention to the roller-coaster ride numbers on the money supply. Time will tell.

It is not a bear market. It is a collapse.
    Collapse of manufacturing.
    Collapse of consumer spending.
    Collapse of demand(energy).
    Collapse of real estate.
    Collapse of leverage.
    Collapse of yields(look at a US Treasury).
    Collapse of tax income at every level.

All built on a mountain of debt. And yes it will roll down hill.

What did not collapse? 6 trillion if fed purchases. 18 trillion in fed repo loans. 100 billion from the US Treasury for banks to use as their collateral at the repo window.
    and government spending.

Do you really think any economy can be based of central bank and government spending? If yes,by all means buy the dip. If you think we are going to have to face
    the reality of our situation I would step away from markets. Sure you may make a bit on this gamble or that gamble,but the risk reward ratio is very low. You have no say in who gets saved when by the Fed or the Federal government,and that is what is left currently.

I am watching for when society restarts,when it does I will wait.Not out of any fear,but an understanding it probably will shut back down.
    If I where to get in at this point is would be small caps that do nothing but consumer staples like food. Not clothing,not hair gel...food.

I do not think they are safe yet though many carry way to much debt. So I will wait. When we shut down the second time after the first failed societal restart stocks will bottom I think. That is when I think about getting back in,if conditions look appropriate.
    :twocents:

and its gone....

[FONT=lucida_granderegular]“Because the Closing Indicative Value of the ETNs will be $0 on April 2, 2020 and on all future days...[/FONT]
    [FONT=lucida_granderegular]...investors who buy the ETNs at any time at any price above $0 will likely suffer a complete loss of their investment,” Credit Suisse said.[/FONT]

Last edited:

muncie21

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2008
    [FONT=lucida_granderegular]“Because the Closing Indicative Value of the ETNs will be $0 on April 2, 2020 and on all future days...[/FONT]
    [FONT=lucida_granderegular]...investors who buy the ETNs at any time at any price above $0 will likely suffer a complete loss of their investment,” Credit Suisse said.[/FONT][/QUOT]

That quote refers to one specific ETN (3x leveraged oil), not all ETNs as the quote implies. Not sure if that was your intent or perhaps I just misinterpreted what was written.
    Link

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH

Hope for the best, but plan for the worst

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    [FONT=lucida_granderegular]...investors who buy the ETNs at any time at any price above $0 will likely suffer a complete loss of their investment,” Credit Suisse said.[/FONT][/QUOT]

That quote refers to one specific ETN (3x leveraged oil), not all ETNs as the quote implies. Not sure if that was your intent or perhaps I just misinterpreted what was written.
    Link

I was speaking about the 3x leverage oil one. Not all of course. It was not my quote but Credis Suisse.

There will be others though. COMEX has had multiple leveraged ETFs and brokerages fail already. When it happens on the COMEX it rarely makes the news because the process is so quick. If something fails on the COMEX it is auctioned in 24 hours,it is just how the COMEX works. It is not actually a bad thing either. It keeps the assets of a failure on the board by selling them into the market asap.

One chart that shows how I knew we where heading into a recession before covid-19.Of course we will not get an update for Q1 of 2020 for awhile. I have payed less attention than I used to. If you had asked me how I thought we where doing in December of 2019 I would not have said recession,but it does look that way clearly now.

It will take up to 2 years for some charts and gdp revisions to take place,but they will be revised(and always have been). Why mention that we where in a recession at the end of 2019?

Because I want everyone to realize we where not doing well before this started,and the very idea that we will have a V shaped recovery is a fantasy.

Now. If we do it well we can have a great recovery. Manufacturing of goods can(and should) happen in the USA again. That is what leads us into a sustainable recovery.
    https://fred.stlouisfed.org/series/M2V

Last edited:

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    When I was a kid (80's) "made in the USA" was a point of pride. People were big on buying USA.
    I'd LOVE to see us get there again. This benefits us all.
    There is nothing wrong with being proud to be an American. We ARE the greatest country on earth period and anyone who trys to make you feel ashamed to be an American or to be Patriotic should be looked at as toxic and avoided imo.
    That anti-American mindset is by no accident my friends. Its imported and calculated. An attack by our enemies decades in the making.
    Be proud & be loud, to be Red White & Blue!

Nevermore

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2018
    Somewhere
    When I was a kid (80's) "made in the USA" was a point of pride. People were big on buying USA.
    There is nothing wrong with being proud to be an American. We ARE the greatest country on earth period and anyone who trys to make you feel ashamed to be an American or to be Patriotic should be looked at as toxic and avoided imo.
    That anti-American mindset is by no accident my friends. Its imported and calculated. An attack by our enemies decades in the making.

We murder between 700k-800k babies a year and are one of the top leading countries for voluntary, legal abortions. I love the freedoms we possess as much as anyone, but American pride needs to take it straight in the nose, repeatedly.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I can remember that used to be part of the draw for Walmart back in the early days. They tried to stock as much Made in the USA stock as they possibly could and advertised that fact heavily. Then after the old man died, it basically became ChinaMart.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy

[video=youtube;QO7VUklDlQw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QO7VUklDlQw[/video]

AtTheMurph

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2013

You aren't going to see lots of things made in America until the dollar loses its place as the World's reserve currency. As it stands, the dollar is over valued across the globe because it is in high demand for use in international trade.

That makes all American's relatively wealthier in comparison to all other people. It means our dollar buys more goods and services that are produced in other currencies such as yen, renmimbi, euro, peso, bhaat, rupee, etc.

It also means that for people in foreign countries that do not use the US dollar as their currency, that American products are relatively more expensive. Our goods are at a competitive disadvantage not because our products are not good, or any other reason other than the reserve dollar issue. This condition was described by Robert Triffin in the late 1950s and also by Keynes in the 1940s when he proposed the use of "Bancors" a synthetic currency to be used for global trade rather than a sovereign currency like the dollar.

Airtevron1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Sep 10, 2019
    IN
    So, if there is no bounce and the economy crashes completely, then it’s not going to matter how much money is in your retirement fund or bank account. It’s gonna be more important how many guns you own in that scenario!! 

Why? So you can shoot me for my 401K?

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    The Federal reserve has spent over 1 million dollars per second for over two week. Well over 7 trillion or $43k per American that actually pays taxes.(chart does not show the last 5 days,it is actually over 7 trillion already and may hit 9 trillion by the end of the week).

Stock are green.

Oh,and those SBA loans banks are giving out for interest,the FED is already buying them and already purchased all of them they could yesterday.

In other words banks got the rates increase,and then gives all the "risk" to the FED....it is almost like they are being given free taxpayer money.

https://thehill.com/policy/finance/...y-coronavirus-small-business-loans-from-banks

fed%20balance%20sheet%20april%202%202020.jpg

Some still believe banks are and where healthy lol.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Bengineer
    Top Bottom