• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    Hey that reminds me, there's ice cream sandwiches in the freezer.
    How can anybody have watched the still ongoing money pump op of just the last years time and the intentional destruction of the middle class and now the warp speed plan to stick a chip in you to control financial transactions...
    :runaway:

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    What was that Buffett said about market timing? Like Cinderella trying to time her departure from the ball to the last minute, but the clocks have no hands :)

zer0day

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2019
    Munster
    Dosproduction has a good point regarding gold. Buffet bought into Barrick but Barrick hasnt moved much. He is making a gold play which a lot of people/firms/countries are doing and getting away from stocks/etfs. I recently tracked the US gold reserves over the last 3 months and saw a hike. In comparison to what we show on the books, to what other countries show, we have more than the 5 to 7 following us combined.
    Over the past couple months there has been clear winners and losers from week to week and day to day. I dont see an immediate melt up, or bubble yet but there will be trouble brewing in a couple different sectors I'm seeing.
    Spacs since they are a "blank check" company that is helping brings smaller companies public. There are many in this space and the numbers are growing. Lot of "used car salesmen" at the helm too. It seems to be the new trend with injecting cash into companies. How many can fail before the system collapses in?
    The other sector is real estate. New home sales report that came out today show there has been a slow down over the past month. A combination of factors are tied into that. Material costs, sales pricing, available labor and available homes for sale. With record low mortgage rates it brings a lot of new home owners and refinances as well as people buying multiple properties. Consumption vs availability is narrowing.

AtTheMurph

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2013
    The US gold reserves have not been audited in half a century.

And of those reserves how much has been rehypothecated? Serious question since gold lending happens all across the globe. is "our" gold really ours? Or does it have many owners? Maybe it isn't even there any longer.

zer0day

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2019
    Munster
    The US gold reserves have not been audited in half a century.

And of those reserves how much has been rehypothecated? Serious question since gold lending happens all across the globe. is "our" gold really ours? Or does it have many owners? Maybe it isn't even there any longer.

Very good questions. America itself may have fallen into a "cash for gold" scheme. And larger "family" (cough rothschild, cough) reserves may be a part of that too. The figures I collected were from bloomberg, the us gold reserves website, and a few other websites that offered stats.
    A quiet competitor I feel is climbing in reserves is China. They have been orchestrating some really messed up loan deals to other countries and when they default, they come in and take it all. Gold, infrastructure, real estate and anything else they want.

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    How far away are we now from finally being collateral damage, splashed by the derivative implosion?

Top Bottom