South Putnam County
    ResizedImage_1325920194217.jpg

gglass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    ELKHART
    I have never really been a fan of the dimpled melt process for strippling, although one does catch my eye every now and again.

The process I have developed for my M&P's and even my Mossy 500 is what I like to call the True Grit grip enhancement. I think that it gives a much more refined or factory look to the texturing process.

Here are some examples...

truegritmp.jpg

True Grit Grip (left) Standard Grip (right)
    truegritgrips01.jpg

mossymodsgritgrip.jpg

Jtgarner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    Bloomington
    It makes the grip more tacky... in a good way. My hand sticks to the gun more and it doesn't jump around in my hand causing me to have to re grip between shots.
    5129203836_89f7abfdff.jpg

I just do it on the panels that are there from the factory.

DBH

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Carmel
    I am going to stipple one of my M&Ps soon. I held one the phylodog(spelling) did, and I felt like the gun had a great grip.

Dog1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 15, 2010
    Clark County, Indiana
    I for the most part agree...99% of the stippling jobs look like crap. I have seen some good ones, that are not over done or looks like someone with a hot fireplace poker did it.

Otherwise, I have no problems with the grip on any polymer handgun I have owned.

I mean look at this crap-
    czn3w.jpg

You have to Ray Charles to look at that not think it looks like crap.

Dog1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 15, 2010
    Clark County, Indiana
    I have never really been a fan of the dimpled melt process for strippling, although one does catch my eye every now and again.

The process I have developed for my M&P's and even my Mossy 500 is what I like to call the True Grit grip enhancement. I think that it gives a much more refined or factory look to the texturing process.

truegritmp.jpg

truegritgrips01.jpg

mossymodsgritgrip.jpg

That's not bad at all. That I could live with if I felt I needed it.

avengedXT

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 84%
    20   4   1
    Feb 15, 2010
    Behind the V!

truegritmp.jpg

truegritgrips01.jpg

mossymodsgritgrip.jpg

Wow that looks good! Looks comparable to the factory stippling on sig sauer's pro series polymer handguns. You do it yourself right? Any thoughts on stippling for other members or doing a how to? ...perhaps you already have. I'm on a cell phone so I don't know yet. Id sure love that kind of stippling on my polymer guns.

gglass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    ELKHART
    Wow that looks good! Looks comparable to the factory stippling on sig sauer's pro series polymer handguns. You do it yourself right? Any thoughts on stippling for other members or doing a how to? ...perhaps you already have. I'm on a cell phone so I don't know yet. Id sure love that kind of stippling on my polymer guns.

Thanks for the compliment.

Before I do any True Grit upgrades for anyone else, I want to compete a long-term durability test. I need for the texture to be 100% intact after several months of daily carry and various extreme environmental tests. I am sure that it will do just fine over time, but I would not want my name attached to something that does not hold up to years of use.

I can only say that the materials I used are PERMANENT.

tmccorkel

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 21, 2009
    Chesterton
    I for the most part agree...99% of the stippling jobs look like crap. I have seen some good ones, that are not over done or looks like someone with a hot fireplace poker did it.

Otherwise, I have no problems with the grip on any polymer handgun I have owned.

czn3w.jpg

Without that, how could you do THIS??

czn3wcopy.jpg

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    111   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    I stick with Talon grips or something simliar if I need more grip, I don't mess with the gun itself personally. Nothing wrong with anybody else doing what they are comfortable with though! :twocents:

paperboy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 18, 2009
    Pulaski County

czn3w.jpg

Looks like honeycomb........YUCK!

paperboy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 18, 2009
    Pulaski County

truegritmp.jpg

truegritgrips01.jpg

mossymodsgritgrip.jpg
    Those look really good......

Top Bottom