• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WebHobbit

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    Spencer County
    So Titanium_Frost took me with him to Red Brush Rifle Range earlier today. It was really fun. I had NEVER shot at steel before and it was sooooooooooooooo much funner than shooting paper!

The audible and visual reaction of the target gives the shooter immediate & visceral feedback. It's just an incredible difference. I really think with continued use it could make a mediocre shooter like me a decent marksmen in time.

Well maybe a LOT of time. :D

But it'll sure be fun trying! A big thanks to Titanium_Frost for having me out and also for letting me shoot all his weapons.

:yesway:

Last edited:

markiemark

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jun 21, 2011
    Liberty, IN
    Shooting steel targets give you the instant gratification of knowing you hit the target. They are also a great way to get kids involved as they seem to enjoy the reaction of hitting the target.

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    Definitely. Steel is awesome. Glad you had a good time Hobbit, hope you join the range and shoot some more steel. Hey first time shooting steel, first time shooting an AR, and one of the first times with a shotgun! Next is the first time in an IDPA competition...

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    Great! Now you'll have to join TF and I at one of the IDPA matches...in fact there is one coming up this Saturday. Bring your gear, be there at 10:30 or so and be prepared to have a great time!

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    I've been looking at Red Brush lately, seems like a great place. Need a place to shoot the new Mosin.

If you are a NRA member then PM me sometime and I will take you shooting sometime. You have to have a sponsor to become a member and I like to know people I am going to sponsor and make sure they are safe and responsible.

WebHobbit is glad I don't require marksmanship ;):D

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    I've been looking at Red Brush lately, seems like a great place. Need a place to shoot the new Mosin.

If you are a NRA member then PM me sometime and I will take you shooting sometime. You have to have a sponsor to become a member and I like to know people I am going to sponsor and make sure they are safe and responsible.

WebHobbit is glad I don't require marksmanship ;):D

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    Great! Now you'll have to join TF and I at one of the IDPA matches...in fact there is one coming up this Saturday. Bring your gear, be there at 10:30 or so and be prepared to have a great time!

Would you care to expand on this? Me and a bud have been wanting to do one of the matches there, but neither of us have ever tried it or any other match/range. Do you have to be a member of the range? Is there an orientation for new guys so we have some idea of what to do and not do?

Thanks.

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    Would you care to expand on this? Me and a bud have been wanting to do one of the matches there, but neither of us have ever tried it or any other match/range. Do you have to be a member of the range? Is there an orientation for new guys so we have some idea of what to do and not do?

Thanks.

TF has probably covered it but I'll add my :twocents: just or fun. As he said, new shooter's meeting at 10:30 but most will get there around 10-ish to lay out their gear and get settled in. It starts around 11:00 with intros and all that and can last as long as 3 or even later depending on stage design and number of shooters. We average around 45 shooters each match with a great mix of ages and shooting abilities so it makes it both challenging and fun.

As long as the gun is safe, nobody will have problems with any gear you bring. You'll want to have at least 3 mags for the gun, a long shirt or something to use as a cover garment since all draws are from concealment (unless noted by individual stage description or it's just plain too hot). Also, 150 rounds (100 would probably be enough but you never know) and a good strong-side holster (no small of back or shoulder holster) either inside or outside the waistband.

Bring your stuff and show up, it is the most fun I've had and I can't say enough about the quality of the people we shoot with; there are some great people out there and we all(well, most of us :D) have a great time doing it.

ZbornacSVT

Owner at Bobcat Armament
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 15, 2009
    Shelbyville
    Good to hear we have yet another convert!

Not sure what you were shooting at, but I know we have put some steel out there. Thanks for heading down there and enjoying it.

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    I was up there twice today. What time were you guys there? I had the two tone Ford pickup by the bathroom a couple times. Somebody dropped the men's lav off the wall and I told Jeff I'd get it fixed. (I screwed up when I left the house this morning and left my box of lead anchors and screws laying in my garage. Had to drive all the way home (far Westside of E'ville) then back up. After I temporaried the lavatory I shot another 75 rounds out of my new G22 for break in.)

Top Bottom