• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dogman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Hamilton County
    Has the state come out with a new handgun permit application? before it only asked have you ever been convicted of any criminal violation and if you were it asked what the charges were.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 3, 2008
    central indiana
    I have the City of Lafayette packet in front of me..
    It has 3 forms.
    The state application , a Supplemental Application, and a finger print form.
    It also states you must disclose all arrests regardless of disposition of charges.
    And they state you must provide proof of residency in addition to photo ID.

jsgolfman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Greenwood
    Guys, this is not in addition to the state requirements. This is a checklist or guide to let you know what is required from the state. If anything, it is a handy cliffnotes version of the statute. These are not additional requirements applied by Tippe. I quote from the checklist:
    "Pursuant to Indiana State Statute regarding the issuance of firearm licenses, this Department has certain statutory obligations which it must meet. This checklist is offered to you in an effort to answer some of the questions that we are routinely asked by persons seeking these licenses."

Last edited:

Beau

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Colorado
    When my wife applied in Indy the other day. They fingerprinted her twice. Once on the computer and again on the hard copy for the state police. Thought it quite odd. I didn't have to do that when I applied.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 3, 2008
    central indiana
    Guys, this is not in addition to the state requirements. This is a checklist or guide to let you know what is required from the state. If anything, it is a handy cliffnotes version of the statute. These are not additional requirements applied by Tippe. I quote from the checklist:
    "Pursuant to Indiana State Statute regarding the issuance of firearm licenses, this Department has certain statutory obligations which it must meet. This checklist is offered to you in an effort to answer some of the questions that we are routinely asked by persons seeking these licenses."

In addition to the check list there is a Supplemental form ( mentioned in check list.)

Packet from Lafayette has 3 forms and a cover letter that has check list.

Finance

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 6, 2008
    The paper says for Tipp. county residents only.

Requirement #4 and typed in bold print.

Thanks to everyone for the responses.

Walter Zoomie

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 3, 2008
    BeechTucky
    Yep. Differing local PDs seem to be able to change or add to the process as it suits them.

I had to go through the BeechTucky PD. I had the fingerprint form and the "Application for Handgun License" form to fill out (which I didn't even have to get notarized).

Show them my driver's license to prove I was resident, pay the fees, get fingerprinted once, and wait...

That was it.

Bubbajms

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Sep 3, 2008
    Delphi, IN
    I've talked to Sheriff Burns a few times and he's always been very nice. I've also talked to Sheriff Roberts in White County and he's very nice as well..

VN Vet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Indianapolis
    When my wife applied in Indy the other day. They fingerprinted her twice. Once on the computer and again on the hard copy for the state police. Thought it quite odd. I didn't have to do that when I applied.

I went to the CCB on October 7th and they finger printed me twice also; once on the computer and one on paper. No big deal in my opinion.

Yamaha

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Summitville,IN
    #4 seems a little bit far......Madison County this time last year only had a part for Convicted Felonies, as they are the only ones that count. If you're arrested, but not convicted, then where is their authority to restrict you?

Top Bottom