East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    I have had the M&P 15-22 and now have the H&K (Umarex by Walther). They are both okay, but feel sort of cheap to me.
    My Tippmann is all metal and feels like a "real" gun. Not sure of the weight....I'll check that later, just out of curiosity.

They have (had) some plastic handguards that felt cheap. The Tippmann's also have a handful of proprietary parts which some might few unfavorably but "most" parts are cross compatible.

GourdOnTheDoor

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2022
    Noblesville
    We really are living in a Golden Age of firearms. Most market segments offer a multitude of solid, reliable and accurate options.

Tippmann has a folding stock option for your backpack... :stickpoke:

Man you gotta stop sending me this cool stuff. I think i am going to need a bigger backpack for everything, probably will be more of a mobile gun vault with straps at this point.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    We really are living in a Golden Age of firearms. Most market segments offer a multitude of solid, reliable and accurate options.

Tippmann has a folding stock option for your backpack... :stickpoke:

This looks to be the way to go for short barrel.
    I've seen Tippman carbines at matches and they run really well.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Some kind of Marlin Model 60
    Ruger 10-22 of some sort
    In that order
    Can't go wrong...Bill.
    My first .22lr was a Marlin model Glenfield 60.
    I ran thousands of rounds through that thing. In a moment of no funds, and even less sense. I sold it.
    I regretted it immediately and replaced it with the identical "squirrel stock" and gold trigger.

I later also purchased a Ruger 10-22 which I later updated with a White Oak barrel and a Fajen thumb hole stock.

Both are tack drivers as far as I'm concerned but don't compete with them either.
    It's probably nostalgia, but I always want to grab the Marlin first.
    It also doesn't hurt that the Marlin holds like 16 rounds in the tube magazine.

I seriously doubt you would be unhappy with either choice.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    Just bought a used 15-22. So far so good.

I have my dads old, black, Nylon 66, always heard those were nice shooters. Mine hasnt been shot in probably 35 years. Dad was the last one to shoot it, cant bring myself to use it.
    Your Dad is probably wondering wth is wrong with you. Nylon Remingtons have appreciated considerably. Not my choice for an accurate semi auto but your Dad's may be quite good.
    If you're going to buy a 10/22 and you just don't want to have to tinker with it to make it accurate, just spec out a Kidd rifle and don't look back. Did that for my wife and his guarantee is good as gold. That thing will shoot! Old Marlins and Mossbergs and Savages can be an addiction all by themselves.

Top Bottom