• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PINski1015

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2011
    Cyberspace
    Anyone with Stag Arms experience? Like the prices so down the road I want to build one. Wanted to buy a Colt but the one model that fit my requirements had a heavy target barrel.

So here's what I'm thinking: A2 stock(fits me great see no need for adjustment),Removeable carry handle, 20in barrel with standard gas block and fsb, Full length rail with Fore grip and light. As far as optics I'm thinkin an EOTECH.

Any input on any of this?

atvdave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    SW Indiana
    I got one.. the model 2T. Fired about 200 rounds through so far.. seems like a good AR to me. The irons sights where dead on right out of the box at 50 yds..

stagARa.jpg

ARSTAGT-2.jpg

figley

Expert
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    SW Indy
    Stag is a quality product. What do you intend to do with it?

A full-length rail, on a 20", is going to be very heavy, and IMHO, would be ridiculous. If your reason for a rail is just to be able to mount a light and a vfg, you could save a lot of weight, and money, using MOE HG's, and rail pieces.

BTW, a foregrip is more useful on a cqb size rifle, which 20" definitely is not.

You're asking questions, which is good. Keep researching. (you might want to check out some AR-15 specific sites)

PINski1015

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2011
    Cyberspace
    Stag is a quality product. What do you intend to do with it?

A full-length rail, on a 20", is going to be very heavy, and IMHO, would be ridiculous. If your reason for a rail is just to be able to mount a light and a vfg, you could save a lot of weight, and money, using MOE HG's, and rail pieces.

BTW, a foregrip is more useful on a cqb size rifle, which 20" definitely is not.

You're asking questions, which is good. Keep researching. (you might want to check out some AR-15 specific sites)

I've actually handled a 20in AR with a full length rail and a VFG, it's honestly not bad to me and I like the handling characteristics way better than a 16in gun with the same attachments.

Ryan281

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Feb 28, 2012
    Stag rifles are good to go. We have used them at the Police department and for SWAT for a long time. I have had one with a 11.5" barrel for several years. It is a registered SBR.

Ryan

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    I like a 16" for hunting and general usage, but would go midlength instead of CAR on the next one.

I'd buy another Stag, had zero probs with mine. No probs with my Bushmasters either........but the deer is more cool than the snake, esp if you put a .458 SOCOM upper on it and go after Bambi.

Goober135

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 15, 2011
    Valparaiso
    I've got a Stag Model 3L (lefty). I love it! I have NEVER had any problems with mine and it puts up pretty good groups! I paid about $850 brand new out the door. I know mine was a little more than the standard Model 3 because it is ENTIRELY left handed. My only complaint is that the rail is a clamshell design so it has some wobble. I'm planning on upgrading to a free float rail soon. Oh, and I already have Huntertown's Kestrel 5.56 can paid for. Just waiting on my tax stamp! :D

Stock: (excluding the scope of course)
    picture.php

Current look after adding a bunch of Magpul goodies:
    picture.php

10 shot group at 100 yards:
    picture.php

Mind you this was my second time EVER shooting my AR or an AR in general. That group definitely reflects shooter error more than the AR's accuracy itself! :):

Oh, and here's a picture of my friends Stag Model 3. (jkulick here on INGO) I know he won't mind me sharing this! From what we've talked about, he also loves his Stag and has ZERO complaints!

picture.php

Last edited:

gunrunner0

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Goshen
    I've had a Stag for about 2 years and love it. I built my lower with all Stag parts and then bought a lightly used Stag upper off the interweb and have zero complaints. I just put an EoTech on mine and it was definately a good investment. I think you'll be happy with both Stag and EoTech.

MilitaryArms

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    I have a Stag rifle that will be featured in a upcoming video. I've always been impressed with the quality of Stag AR's. I don't think you would be disappointed in using their parts or buying one of their complete rifles.

netsecurity

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Hancock County
    Stag is inexpensive, but that doesn't mean it is low quality. I'm not sure if this is true, but my brother in-law [a neat guy by the way, an ex-Marine whose been in Iraq for more than five years as a contractor] told me that they supply many parts for the military Colt M4's. Right or wrong, he obviously has a very high opinion of Stag. I'd have no problem at all buying a Stag.

Tactical Flannel

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 28, 2012
    West Central Indiana
    I've had a Stag model 1 for two years and have had ZERO problems.
    It does what is asked without fail.

As I understand, at one time Smith and Wesson contracted with Stag to produce their M&P 15s to keep up with demand.

Stay safe

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    1776Defend2ndAmend
    Top Bottom