• ...and so much more!
  • wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    RO is a nice bare bones 1911. I see no reason why the adjustable sights couldn't be switched out. As long as you go OWB with a cover garment the gun should work fine for CCW.

Didnt the OP just buy a Ruger SR1911? (Nice choice by the way). Carry the Ruger and get an RO for the range. Or sell the Ruger and take the money and step up to the TRP. I see people talk about not being to afford the TRP or Baer or Wilson, but then talk about the other 5 guns they own. Not being critical here, it is really a choice of quality vs quantity. That said it quickly becomes an issue of diminishing returns. Is a $3000 Wilson twice as good as a $1500 TRP? Probably not

Yes, I bought a Ruger SR1911 2 or 3 weeks back. Went to BGF today and bought a Springfield Loaded in stainless. It was for a cause, instead of just because like my other guns. I'll post pics shortly.

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    111   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    https://shop.harrisoncustom.com/gen-ii-rear-sights-for-sfield-range-officer-lpa-cuts-2

0000455_hd-002-su-extreme-service-rear-sight_300.jpeg

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Correct, just the Loaded. Already had the Ruger. And thank you sir! So far I'm very happy. Have a range trip planned for lunch tomorrow so I'll get to see how it shoots! :yesway:

Good for you! I didn't want to come right out and say it, but the Loaded is the right model to buy and the range officer would have been wrong. I can say it's a fact on the internet because that's what I bought. You won't be disappointed in it. Now you just have to buy a bunch of mags and ammo.

foxmustang

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 20, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    Yes, I bought a Ruger SR1911 2 or 3 weeks back. Went to BGF today and bought a Springfield Loaded in stainless. It was for a cause, instead of just because like my other guns. I'll post pics shortly.

Welcome to the Springfield family. I can attest that it won't be your last. I'm absolutely in love with mine and going to add another very soon

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Good for you! I didn't want to come right out and say it, but the Loaded is the right model to buy and the range officer would have been wrong. I can say it's a fact on the internet because that's what I bought. You won't be disappointed in it. Now you just have to buy a bunch of mags and ammo.

It's really funny, but I hate the stainless look on poly guns, but LOVE it on the 1911 platform. Weird I know. Agreed about the mags and ammo!

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    What are your opinions on a Springfield LW Champion. Seen one in the classifieds. I like the way it looks.

It does look very nice, but I don't know anything about that option. I'm sure CM or someone else really knowledgeable will be along shortly to fill you in :ingo:

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    It's really funny, but I hate the stainless look on poly guns, but LOVE it on the 1911 platform. Weird I know. Agreed about the mags and ammo!

I used to like the stainless look, but for some reason I don't care for polished stainless. My loaded is the parkerized model. That's the right type of loaded to buy but you weren't that far off. In all seriousness though, Springfield makes some great 1911's as do a lot of other places. I can only hope you're going to be getting your new pistol to the range asap. Enjoy it.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I used to like the stainless look, but for some reason I don't care for polished stainless. My loaded is the parkerized model. That's the right type of loaded to buy but you weren't that far off. In all seriousness though, Springfield makes some great 1911's as do a lot of other places. I can only hope you're going to be getting your new pistol to the range asap. Enjoy it.

Meeting a fellow INGOer tomorrow. Can't wait!

calcot7

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 12, 2008
    Indy N Side
    The loaded is sort of a semi custom that has most everything you need on a carry type pistol. Novak sights, anbi safety etc. the range Officer has the bomar type target sights and is more for range/target use. The Range Officer while able to be carried most end up gravitating away from target grade sights because they tend to get caught up on clothes, rub the side of your body during carrying and when working the slide more than one hand has gotten an ouch from working the slide with the target sights cutting their hand.

The TRP is top of the line and has a lot of features the FBI HRT team pistol has. Do you need to spend the money on a TRP? Thats basically up to you and how many bells and whistles you want. For around the same price you can't go wrong with wither the Range Officer or loaded. If you want something for specifically the range the Range Officer would be your best bet. If you want it for double duty of range and carrying the loaded would probably fit your needs a little better. If money is not an issue the TRP would be the way to go.

You can always change the sights on any of them if they don't suit your need. I was looking for a R.O. and came across a good deal on a previously owned Loaded so I bought it. The night sights were kind of weak so I opted for a new set of Novak style, combat, adjustable rear, night sights from Fusion. The best of both worlds I guess. I still want a TRP though, if for nothing more than the "Cool" factor.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    I had a Colt XSE (Colt's equivalent to the Loaded) and a Springer Loaded both in stainless. Still have the Loaded and am very happy with it. CM bought my Colt and gave it some love then sent it on its way again. The Colt was in all aspects just not as well built as the Springer is and the Springer is under $800 whereas the Colt was $1k+.

I'm sure you will love the Loaded. I now have two Springers the Loaded and an MC Operator. And now considering an RO compact. They really do multiply.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Bengineer
    Top Bottom