Spring is near..... Any motorcycle riders?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MrPeabody

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Dec 1, 2011
    Hamilton County
    Well according to the groundhog it is going to be a short winter and an early spring.... Yea, right. Anybody a motorcycle riders? Maybe we can get an INGO riding club put together....

Last edited:

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    There have been various gatherings of two wheel gun toters in the past. I attended one such event and had a good time, I keep missing out on the others due to scheduling conflicts though.

ryanbr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 12, 2008
    Logansport
    If there are any Marines reading this or a Navy Corpsman who served with the Marines I belong to a Club of all Marines who ride. We are located in North Central Indiana if would be interested in meeting up and learning more. Our Club will also be hosting our first annual poker run hopefully last saturday of April or First Saturday in May, more details to come. All proceeds benifets training of PTSD dogs for Vets.

jagee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    Put about 100 miles on it over the weekend.

12204566_10101282267138494_228898668_n.jpg

DapperDan

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2016
    Southern Indiana
    Unfortunately was in an accident this past October on my triumph, was out of work for about 7 weeks, gained some hardware in my left leg. Driver heading towards me made a left hand turn across my lane, I decided hitting a car head on wasn't an option so i luckily missed him, but went down. Still dealing with insurance and my lawyer etc, don't know if I'll be back on a bike or not this season. Suzuki v-stroms have been tempting me though...

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Watched a guy on a bike get t-boned by an inattentive pickup driver one evening. Got a call a couple of months later from a lawyer about the accident and it was pretty obvious the he represented the pickup driver. He was none to happy that I rode and had paid strict attention to the whole scenario as the GF and I were discussing the bike as he sat in front of us in the turn lane until the light turned green. I found it humorous that he kept trying to trip me up and make me change my story, questioning me about some of the things I said. He even thinly threatened me about being untruthful on the witness stand and such. I finally told him that the truck driver was 100% at fault with zero responsibility on the biker and yes, I would tell the same story all the way to the supreme court were it a case that they ultimately heard. The biker called me a couple months after that and thanked me for sticking up for him, I told him it wasn't personal just the truth!

MrPeabody

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Dec 1, 2011
    Hamilton County
    I haven't had a lot of time lately, but went for a short ride Sunday. I used to a lot more, but that was before I had to take I-69 into Indy. It scares the crap out of me now and I drive a full size truck. I have to do brake pads this year, since I didn't get it done last year. I need to read up and find something that doesn't require the Harley tax.....

tmschuller

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    Grant county
    I haven't had a lot of time lately, but went for a short ride Sunday. I used to a lot more, but that was before I had to take I-69 into Indy. It scares the crap out of me now and I drive a full size truck. I have to do brake pads this year, since I didn't get it done last year. I need to read up and find something that doesn't require the Harley tax.....

What are you riding now?... You know what direction thinking of? Standard? Sport touring? Cruiser? Inquiring minds want to know.:D Thanks.

sugarcreekbrass

Expert
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Mar 29, 2015
    West central
    I was chomping at the bit to get my bike out this weekend but had too many things going on. I would love to get together sometime and ride with fellow INGO bikers. Preferably when it is a little warmer!!

yepthatsme

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 16, 2011
    Right Here
    I was chomping at the bit to get my bike out this weekend but had too many things going on. I would love to get together sometime and ride with fellow INGO bikers. Preferably when it is a little warmer!!

^^^^^^ This ^^^^^^^

I would have loved to have gotten the Harley out last weekend, but since I live in the country, it's extremely dangerous. The road crews don't use salt, they use sand, and the roads all have sand on them. I usually have to wait for a couple of good rains in the spring before I can get it out on the roads. The sand tends to pile up at intersections, making turning hazardous.

(Electa Glide Ultra for me and the wife and 1200 Sportster for just me.)

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I took a six hour ride on Saturday. It was so nice that after I brought the groceries home at 8:00PM I jumped back on. Should of put on another layer for that 30 mile run.

You guys must live North? Only a dab of sand down south.

I seen a lot more skin than normal for January in Nashville and Btown. I'm happy to report that Daisey Dukes are coming back in style.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom