• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    So Black Jack sporting clays is awesome for anyone who goes down there. About 1.25 hours from Disney, they had 3 regular courses and one Super Sporting course that I really enjoyed. The extra challenging targets were a blast and my browning earned its keep. I need to shoot some super sporting this year apparently.

sportsman223

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 7, 2010
    Passing on Doe's
    I have to admit when I was there last weekend, a used CG Summit had my attention. And yes, it was a beautiful gun. And, they are know for good customer service. Except they are only serviceable through CG certified shops.

Not a gun that I would ever use for hunting though. I just wouldn't want to get it scratched up that way

Edit- another option would be look at some of the exclusive Browning options from Guns Unlimited. If I were in the market for another O/U, I would be looking really hard at their Browning Universal High post. It can be had with adjustable comb, butt plat and rib along with either a traditional sporting style stock or parallel comb. For the money they are a great bargain.
    CG is usually at IGC during the state shoot had mine rebuilt twice

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    How many rounds a year do you shoot? Mine has 40,000 rounds and just getting broke in, may be next year for its first pit stop.

I would have done a pit stop before that but it’s not my gun. Replacing the internal springs at regular intervals is important. I don’t want to find out when my gun will go down the hard way personally.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I would have done a pit stop before that but it’s not my gun. Replacing the internal springs at regular intervals is important. I don’t want to find out when my gun will go down the hard way personally.
    I get where you are coming from but I know of a couple guys that put about that many rounds through their guns in a year.

Remington 90T

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2023
    Brodhead Wisconsin
    My 40,000 rounds is what my C.G. has shot My question was having a gun pit stopped twice already. C.G. gives three free pit stops for a new gun and one free pitstop for a used gun. Then you're hooked because they do not sell parts. $170 to replace a $5.00 firing pin-$400 for a locking block? Wasting a pit stop can come around and bight you in the a##.

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    IMG_9812.jpeg

Finally had misfires in the bottom barrel after about 12K rounds. Used it as an opportunity to learn more about the gun and take it apart. Replaced hammer springs, both firing pins and bottom firing pin spring as well as cleaned and relubed the internals. This gun is like an automatic watch on the inside and very well put together IMHO, this makes me very excited to take apart the FILs DT-11 when he gets it to see what that level of gun looks like internally.

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    That looks all too familiar. Replaced firing pins and hammer springs on my old 525 last year. Will admit to having a devil of time getting the hammer springs into place :wallbash:

It took me an hour :abused: Those JP springs are strong! I am modifying a screwdriver to have a slot in it to hold down the pin next time, it was a nightmare trying to get the pin back into the retainer hole under about 20lbs of pressure. But I ran 250 rounds through the gun with zero issues at all yesterday so I must have done
    The work correctly!

racegunz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 6, 2015
    Indiana
    It took me an hour :abused: Those JP springs are strong! I am modifying a screwdriver to have a slot in it to hold down the pin next time, it was a nightmare trying to get the pin back into the retainer hole under about 20lbs of pressure. But I ran 250 rounds through the gun with zero issues at all yesterday so I must have done
    The work correctly!
    Where did you order the parts?

Top Bottom