• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    Buck and Jakes in Boonville is not OC friendly or just plain carry a gun friendly?
    They have a sign in the front door that clearly states no loaded guns may be carried in. I asked a couple weeks ago when I was there and the guy told me they didn't want people messing around and having accidental discharges. I didn't push the issue. Maybe if enough of us protest they'll change.

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    Glad things turned out okay. Sometimes there are several guys behind the counter there at Rajos. They are usually carrying. The guy at Guns Unlimited always carries with one in the chamber. He's a little high on prices but he is a one man show there. He's been there for several years on Covert Ave.
    Terry Eichoff (Red Ghost gun shop) is a great guy with some pretty good prices. He always open carries in the store and out in the "world." He's cool with us carry nuts in his store. For a very tiny foot print store he probably has more handguns in his cases than Strictly Shooting. Give him a try. He's also a huge supporter and one of the founding members of 2nd Amendment Patriots. He and Jim Tomes have even lobbied some gun manufacturers who were looking to relocate, trying to get them to Indiana. One almost made the decision to move out of Illinois and set up close to Crane but didn't because of other reasons.

Hkfiend

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Sep 15, 2011
    in the Ford Galaxy
    I use to go into Rajo's between classes at USI in the fall, mostly to look around, but my buddy Adam works there (younger guy behind the counter, may have been who was there). Wouldn't be the first time sketchy people have walked in the place. If I'm there, I don't leave until they do. Also, thumbs up to Red Ghost, that's a great place to go too. I've made a few purchases from Terry and he's a great guy to deal with, and pretty good prices too.

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    I went into Rajo's this morning looking for reloading equipment. There was one clerk on the counter. Stan must have been in the back because his Suburban was parked out front. There was one other customer until 3 youngish (early 20s ?) dudes walked in and said they were just looking around. They had baggy, almost sloppy, clothes on. I walked out and found that they had parked on Franklin street right in front of my truck, stopping only 3 feet short of hitting my front bumper even though there were parking places in front of them. Their passenger front tire was turned in and up on the sidewalk. My wife said she was pushing her foot through the floor board hoping the idiot would stop backing up. We both thought about the 3 "hoodie boys" that have hit the Wesselman's market and the Diamond Valley credit union twice, all in the last 3 months. I went around the block and saw that they had come out and were driving over the sidewalk and up the alley west of Rajo's. I went around the block again and by now they had parked behind up against the building. This really got my attention. I pulled up next to an Evansville PO a couple blocks away by the VFW and told him what I'd seen. He said he'd make a few rounds. I then went back to Rajo's and went inside and talked to the clerk. He said he'd got a weird feeling too and had heard their loud truck pull up behind the building. He said in the meantime he'd put a 1911 on his belt instead of just having his SP101. He showed it to me and I showed him my G27 on my belt and said if my wife wasn't in the truck I'd stick around:D. As I was walking to the door he followed me and grabbed a spare mag from under the counter and thanked my for alerting him. The really funny thing about the whole situation was within 5 minutes there were 4 cop cars parked next door at the Gerst House and they were all getting ready for lunch. Anyway, maybe something was going to happen and it didn't for a variety of reasons. Again, I was very glad that I pack full time. You never know what you might walk into or what might walk into you!!

I don't know anything about the "hoodie boys", or much at all about the area your from, so forgive my ignorance!
    What else, besides these guys age and "almost sloppy clothes" made you think they were up to no good?
    Those of us in the construction trades ( and plenty others) can look pretty "sloppy" at times, and really, look around, most kids in their early twenties are into that baggy look. Nothing that would set my radar off.
    I'm sure I look pretty crappy when I swing in to a gun shop to have a quick look on my way to or from lunch or supply store!
    Whenever I'm working away from my regular areas, I like to check out shops that I wouldn't normally go to, and it's usually just a quick look at the used guns, and to get a general idea of the place.
    I guess next time I should announce to the staff and customers that I'm not there to case the joint!?:dunno:

Edit: you probably looked out of place in dress clothes at the batting cages!!!:D

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    I use to go into Rajo's between classes at USI in the fall, mostly to look around, but my buddy Adam works there (younger guy behind the counter, may have been who was there). Wouldn't be the first time sketchy people have walked in the place. If I'm there, I don't leave until they do. Also, thumbs up to Red Ghost, that's a great place to go too. I've made a few purchases from Terry and he's a great guy to deal with, and pretty good prices too.
    The guy on the counter yesterday was Rob. Nice guy. I went back today to buy some powder and he thanked me again for tipping him off.

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    I don't know anything about the "hoodie boys", or much at all about the area your from, so forgive my ignorance!
    What else, besides these guys age and "almost sloppy clothes" made you think they were up to no good?
    Those of us in the construction trades ( and plenty others) can look pretty "sloppy" at times, and really, look around, most kids in their early twenties are into that baggy look. Nothing that would set my radar off.
    I'm sure I look pretty crappy when I swing in to a gun shop to have a quick look on my way to or from lunch or supply store!
    Whenever I'm working away from my regular areas, I like to check out shops that I wouldn't normally go to, and it's usually just a quick look at the used guns, and to get a general idea of the place.
    I guess next time I should announce to the staff and customers that I'm not there to case the joint!?:dunno:

Good question. They looked, not nervous, but excited. The clerk picked up on that and noted today that they avoided eye contact with him (I was standing behind them) and that made him uneasy.

Edit: you probably looked out of place in dress clothes at the batting cages!!!:D
    I thought about running for sheriff in Alabama.:D

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    The guy on the counter yesterday was Rob. Nice guy. I went back today to buy some powder and he thanked me again for tipping him off.

Rob is a nice guy. Stan can eat a big fat ****. I hate that guy.

I haven't had one pleasant experience with that douche bag and won't spend a dime in that store until it has a new owner...If I would have been outside while he was working the counter I would have kept going. No way in hell would I have wasted minutes on my phone by calling the police to protect that ass hole or his over-priced property.

Or maybe I should just tell you how I really feel.

Last edited by a moderator:

dailylc

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Evansville

I haven't had one pleasant experience with that douche bag and won't spend a dime in that store until it has a new owner...If I would have been outside while he was working the counter I would have kept going. No way in hell would I have wasted minutes on my phone by calling the police to protect that ass hole or his over-priced property.

Talk about sugar coating your thoughts! :)

James

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville

Benny, chill, baby! First to correct the situation: Sounds like somebody needs a hug. Second, you can get unlimited minutes with some plans:D. Third, you need to go bowling more often. Don't thank me. It's a pleasure helping people mend hurt feelings:D

Top Bottom