• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Adjusted the gardeners rainwater collection setup to the gutter pipes for the winter, she'll be draining it in two weeks or so anyway. Secured loose stuff like patio furniture and outdoor plants in pots. The genny will come on if the power fails which I figure it will as it's been a while since we've had high sustained wind.

INP8riot

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2023
    Rockville
    Well...I'm going to need a bigger chainsaw! My 20" bar isn't going to cut it on this big boy. I know what tree this is and I thought to myself, I'll get the big gun when that one falls. New chainsaw day for me tomorrow! MS391 to be economical, 400 for a little more oomph, 462 for a longer bar or splurge on the 500 for a longer..member!! Came damn close to taking out the corner of my shop.
    20240927_203944.jpg

Last edited:

INP8riot

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2023
    Rockville
    Thank God it missed the shop.

I've wanted a 28" 462 with the wrap around handle for years.
    I was drooling over it too. I know I won't be happy with the 362 since I already have the 261. I just don't want to destroy that 261 over working it. Currently I'm only cleaning up the small stuff that falls so it has been perfect. But when I get into felling and gathering firewood I'm going ro need something bigger. 20 acres of woods needs a bigger saw! I may make that argument to myself. The wife will twll me to go for it but coming off of $1400+ is difficult!

indyjohn

PATRIOT
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    In the trees
    I was drooling over it too. I know I won't be happy with the 362 since I already have the 261. I just don't want to destroy that 261 over working it. Currently I'm only cleaning up the small stuff that falls so it has been perfect. But when I get into felling and gathering firewood I'm going ro need something bigger. 20 acres of woods needs a bigger saw! I may make that argument to myself. The wife will twll me to go for it but coming off of $1400+ is difficult!
    That is exactly why I still don't have one. My Farm Boss does what I need it to do 90% of the time, so a saw that expensive sitting around more often than not is hard to justify.

Here's one I saw earlier this month at RK. A 400 but it would do just as well.
    20240904_110003.jpg

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    IDriver
    Top Bottom