• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    Hey fellas just wanted to gauge interest in seeing if any one would be up for a Precision shoot here at my range. The one I held last year went very good and we had a ton of fun. Like last year we will do 5, 5 shot groups. We can agree on yardage to shoot at the day of the shoot as I have backstops at 100yrd, 200yrd and 275yrd (so devastated I couldn't squeeze out 300yrds) so should make it a good time for all. So bring out your best 'precision rig" and best loads and see what you and your rifle can do or maybe that rifle you haven't got to shoot much to see what it can do. I think this year I'm going make it a bit more interesting and limit shooting to using either front and rear bags or bipod + rear bag no sleds. So as to keep everyone as close to the same playing field as possible. Again this will be totally informal and for bragging rights only just something to get out of the house have some laughs and good times with like minded shooters. This will be held on Saturday June 13th and will shoot for around 11AM. If you got questions feel free to ask or send me a PM, hope to see some of you there.

Last edited:

sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    Will you let me use a sling and no artificial support?

If shooting on bullseye targets, will they be big enough to be seen with no scope?

Scoring by group size or score on target?

Last edited:

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    Optics or irons would be shooters choice an sling is perfectly fine. The targets I'll have for everyone are just champion targets I'll get a pic of them so everyone will know. As far as if you could see them, I'd say it would depend on the distance I've honestly never tried to shoot them without an opic on my rifles. But could find out tomorrow for sure. As for scoring we could just do the best avg 5 shot group diameter measured by group overall diameter minus bullet diameter.

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    Last year we got to talking after the shoot an really didn't gauge everyone's performance other than looking at the targets lol. But I think the avg diameter of the 5 groups would be a good way to keep things a bit more level an give everyone a chance to do well.

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    Would be nice for an Optics and Irons combo. I'd love to see a master Sloughfoot in action, and put my very humble skills to the test vs. him.

I'm pretty sure my Savage 10FP will perform on command in the magnified class. Need to check the date though...that's the day after my anniversary.... :/

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    Hey that's all ya need Ford. Like I said its just a reason to get together an shoot an have some fun. Nothing to formal at all.

Last edited:

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    If I end up going to this I'd be happy to drive/carpool for anyone heading down for this from up north. Fair warning, I tend to trash talk a lot when I've won something so it may be a long drive home. :):

wsenefeld

Master
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Boone Co.
    Would like to go if I don't have to work. Need to get more time in on the new build and put a few more rounds through the Saker.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom