• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    I don't sort any pistol brass for plinking. When shooting competition I order new Starline brass.

My plinking brass is once fire range brass that has different types of expansion depending on chambers it was shot from like the Glock bulge. For this reason I have noticed a different feel resizing the same head stamp and no reason to sort. Other may see different results depending on brass and reloading equipment.

shootr

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2015
    Mooresville
    I just sort by Caliber, never sort by head stamp. Now you will "feel" a difference in a press if you are paying attention, like stated in other posts. That when I do an extra inspection just to make sure everything o.k. But, 9 times out of 10 just a different head stamp. Load and go. Happy plinking.

BGDave

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    207   0   0
    Sep 15, 2011
    Beech Grove
    For ME--I like to sort, per headstamp all of my brass..I DO have the time..HA HA..

When I load, either single stage, or on my Dillon 550, I like all of the operations to "Feel" the same.
    With sorted brass, seating primers, bullets, and the crimp (In handgun loads) for the most part feel the same on that batch. If something feels different then time to check..Bill.
    I'm with you on this. This also allows for defect inspection and to scrap those pesky GFL 9mm cases. The fact that I'm a little OCD doesn't hurt either.

chemteach

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 11, 2013
    Plymouth
    I sort when I'm working up new powder loads or loading hot (max powder). Other than that, for plinking I load light and don't sort cases.

dsol

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    Jeffersonville
    I sort when I'm working up new powder loads or loading hot (max powder). Other than that, for plinking I load light and don't sort cases.

Same here. I sort out the +P .38 spl brass for hotter loads, but unless I want to load for extreme accuracy, that is as far as I will go. I may start reloading 5.56 for practice and may sort those for consistency. I only have PMC and Lake City factory ammo so it will be easy to sort those apart. I have decided to stick to Lake City for 62 grain and PMC for 55 grain so I can tell them apart.

Top Bottom