• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Yeah I agree with everyone else, probably a scam. My wife, kids and I were hit up by a younger lady at a gas station. Dressed nicely. Said she was going out clubbing with her friends and forgot her wallet and her car was on E. Just needed a couple of bucks to get back home to get her wallet. I told her she could have the change after we got our drinks and snacks. I think we gave her about $3ish and the guy behind us kicked in another $2. We paid the cashier and told them what pump she was on. I think she was being honest, she was dressed for clubbing and did seem grateful for the couple of gallons. And if not...:dunno:

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    Leaving a restaurant I was hit up by a woman that just wanted $20 to get something to eat. I offered her the leftovers I was holding. Man did I get cussed out.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    Was in Indy when I was 18, came out of a big lots and a guy came up to me giving me this story about how his mom died and him and his 2 year old daughter was in town from Cincinnati for her funeral, and doesn’t have the money to get back to Cincinnati. He had his daughter with him, and being young and stupid I gave him $10, only because he had a baby girl with him. As he drove off I noticed his plates were indiana plates. I felt like an idiot, but hopefully that little girl got a happy meal out of the scam at least.

OurDee

nobody
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Sep 16, 2017
    Camby
    Complete scam!

Story don’t pass the old BS test way too many details.

I learned from a INGO member a neat trick for beggars.

Stare at them in the eyes with no expression on your face say nothin.
    It freaks them out they take off.
    That trick is not just for beggars.

Bugzilla

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2021
    DeMotte
    Like the pan handlers at interstate exits that get in their Lincolns or Caddies after a hard day of pan handling. Often thought it be interesting to try for a day just to see what the take home would be.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Yeah I agree with everyone else, probably a scam. My wife, kids and I were hit up by a younger lady at a gas station. Dressed nicely. Said she was going out clubbing with her friends and forgot her wallet and her car was on E. Just needed a couple of bucks to get back home to get her wallet. I told her she could have the change after we got our drinks and snacks. I think we gave her about $3ish and the guy behind us kicked in another $2. We paid the cashier and told them what pump she was on. I think she was being honest, she was dressed for clubbing and did seem grateful for the couple of gallons. And if not...:dunno:
    Going clubbing but she doesn't even have enough money to buy gas to get there?

How was she going to pay the cover charge? Or to buy drinks?

Talk about poor life choices.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    She needed the gas to get back home to get her wallet.
    iu

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Pocket change. You guys should see the people coming into the hospital using stolen identities or just plain made up IDs. Taking huge amounts of free medical care and wandering off.

But the worst is my uncle. Damn guy guilt trips me all the time, says i have too much, need to give him money all the time. "It's not fair". Jerk even goes so far as to call me evil. Calls me "lucky" for having stayed clean, worked hard, went i to massive debt for training, sacrificed time away from me family to earn a good wage. But he wants forty percent of it. Bastard. Uncle Sam needs to be put in the drunk tank.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Pocket change. You guys should see the people coming into the hospital using stolen identities or just plain made up IDs. Taking huge amounts of free medical care and wandering off.

But the worst is my uncle. Damn guy guilt trips me all the time, says i have too much, need to give him money all the time. "It's not fair". Jerk even goes so far as to call me evil. Calls me "lucky" for having stayed clean, worked hard, went i to massive debt for training, sacrificed time away from me family to earn a good wage. But he wants forty percent of it. Bastard. Uncle Sam needs to be put in the drunk tank.
    Not sure if I should laugh or cry. Or both.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

dude

You had me going

dmarsh8

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    Katmandu
    I made up my mind years ago that I simply deny help to people that do this kind of crap. Nice once, then I make them understand what I said the first time is what I meant. I've had to tell more than one to keep their distance. I am generous to people in need, but not scammers and scumbags. Only on my terms. I've watched people try this crap a gas stations and I warned other customers that they already tried it on others before they pulled in.
    1 in 20 or 30 may be legit, but I just don't play the game and I never have to hesitate or think about what I'm going to say.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Totally a scam.

A few years ago, I had an older black woman approach me as I got out of my car at a restaurant on East Washington street in Harlem.... er, on the Eastside of Indy. She started talking really fast about needing money to fix her car as she'd blown a tire and didn't have a spare or something. I was feeling bad for her, but just as I was where I had to make a decision whether I'd help, an IMPD squad car drove up a few feet away and the nice officer started yelling at her to "get her butt over here. I told you to go home you can't keep scamming people, how would you like a trip to the jail for an overnight stay...". I snuck off as he was yelling at her and enjoyed my meal with my buddy. Thankful as always for our vigilant police department ;)

Since then if anyone approaches me I'm much, much more skeptical and I've not given anyone a dime. There was a bum outside of a restaurant in downtown Indy who got my leftovers one day, but I don't have a problem with that.

Top Bottom