• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    How about this: he supposedly has gotten the Federal Government out of the Student Loan business. We'll see how that actually works out, but I'll take that as a start. All I can see that this government intrusion in the market ever accomplished was to inflate the cost of a college education, by making it possible for states to raise tuition 8~9 percent a year, 3+ times the rate of inflation, and still be able to fill up their classrooms with indebted warm bodies. I'm interested to see what happens, if/once the Feds are out of that business. Could be good, or bad, but what we had wasn't working very well. The default rate on federal student loans was astronomical, much of it from people who didn't even finish their degree, and it strikes me that the whole idea was analogous to the sub-prime mess and the government's role in encouraging that.

Everything else he has personally done has been a joke at best, or a disaster at worst.

As for Mrs. Obama, I hear she likes Jazz, and has supposedly done something to support it. So if true, bless her for that. I was going to give her a +1...but then she wiped out all her points by having Beyonce and Katy Perry slug it out for title title of trash queen at the inauguration.

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    You know, I read thread after thread of negativity for our president. Being as how Presidents' Day just past... Is there anyone here that would like to add something he has done that was actually good? :patriot:

No, **** him.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Actually we did that to ourselves.

Unfounded fear mongering from 2008 to 2012 drove sales and prices through the roof. The only thing Der Fuhrer did do concerning guns directly was sign legistlation allowing guns in parks. If I am incorrect please correct me.

I don't think you can call it unfounded.
    They looked at how he voted, and listened to what he said before running.
    They bought while price were lower.
    People that didn't, are now having to spend more.

But unfounded.
    No.

Cowboy71

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 26, 2013
    Clark County, IN
    Actually we did that to ourselves.

Unfounded fear mongering from 2008 to 2012 drove sales and prices through the roof. The only thing Der Fuhrer did do concerning guns directly was sign legistlation allowing guns in parks. If I am incorrect please correct me.

Unfounded fear mongering? lol

Cowboy71

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 26, 2013
    Clark County, IN
    How about this: he supposedly has gotten the Federal Government out of the Student Loan business. We'll see how that actually works out, but I'll take that as a start. All I can see that this government intrusion in the market ever accomplished was to inflate the cost of a college education, by making it possible for states to raise tuition 8~9 percent a year, 3+ times the rate of inflation, and still be able to fill up their classrooms with indebted warm bodies. I'm interested to see what happens, if/once the Feds are out of that business. Could be good, or bad, but what we had wasn't working very well. The default rate on federal student loans was astronomical, much of it from people who didn't even finish their degree, and it strikes me that the whole idea was analogous to the sub-prime mess and the government's role in encouraging that.

I believe he did the exact opposite and more or less cut out the middleman and had the federal govt assume control of the student loan program.

spec4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    NWI
    Nothing, he is a total disaster and we will continue to see attacks on our freedom over the next four years. Almost makes me miss Clinton.

silverspoon

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Bloomfield
    Tax dollars spent in the right programs is what found Osama Bin Laden. Our wonderful president had very little to do with it. Some reports have him very hesitant to use the necessary force when the time came.

Something positive Obama has done since taking office ............

Thinking ..........hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm........thinking ...........uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh..........still thinking ..........I'll have to get back with ya on that one............

I'm still wondering how he got re-elected??? Ask anyone that you know and not a freakin soul voted for him??

Last edited:

rw02kr43

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    Paragon
    Obama

Only thing he did was get reelected. He never left the campaign trail anyway did he? As for how he got elected, if there are 6 votes for every 1, I guess that will help.

Jason

slowG

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 15, 2010
    He did make history for black Americans. Although he is only half black so I'm sure some credit even for that is removed for some?

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Don't let the "something good" tally upset the truth of the whole package. Al Capone was noted for buying the neighborhood kids ice cream and candy while he was waiting to break their fathers knee caps. People still loose, the simple loose with ice cream on their lips.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    So if someone was born with something, how will they get health coverage if they make too much for public assistance? IF someone had cancer, but is cancer free, a insurance company is probably going to deny them coverage, if they are healthy, shouldn't they be able to get coverage that is affordable?

I am not talking about smoking, I am talking about things that can't be prevented for the most part.

Eh, those people probably wouldn't make it past the death panels anyway.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Bengineer
    Top Bottom