Some moron used tracer rounds at this gun range.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    It is basically a big mat pile of very coarse and stiff loose rubber. It is installed against a armor plate wall just in case, but few bullets make it in very far. The rubber catches the bullets and avoids the splatter of lead that happens when bullets hit a conventional deflector plate style bullet trap. This makes less lead dust and contains any slivers for no chance of backsplash. It is also a little quieter. Because of EPA regulations, some ranges have had to take out the old deflector plate and water trough type bullet traps and the rubber berm type is the cheapest to retrofit into a standing building.

I do not know about too many Indiana ranges, but Bullseye Range in Kokomo put in the rubber wall trap quite a while ago.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    have any of you been to the range?
    does it say no tracer rounds allowed?
    maybe he was a new shooter, and didn't know what he was doing..
    so quick to point fingers and judge, it's a shame.

still sucks the place burned, but that's what insurance is for!

There's always a rule against using tracers indoors. It's called common sense.

When someone deems themselves mature enough to put a deadly weapon in their hand and handle it around others, "he's new" is no excuse. If he did not know what he was doing, he had no place picking up a firearm and shoving ammunition into it without knowing the consequences.

I guess being judgmental is a greater sin than endangering the lives of others an burning down a building.

Valvestate

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2012
    NWI
    It is basically a big mat pile of very coarse and stiff loose rubber. It is installed against a armor plate wall just in case, but few bullets make it in very far. The rubber catches the bullets and avoids the splatter of lead that happens when bullets hit a conventional deflector plate style bullet trap. This makes less lead dust and contains any slivers for no chance of backsplash. It is also a little quieter. Because of EPA regulations, some ranges have had to take out the old deflector plate and water trough type bullet traps and the rubber berm type is the cheapest to retrofit into a standing building.

I do not know about too many Indiana ranges, but Bullseye Range in Kokomo put in the rubber wall trap quite a while ago.

Thanks for the knowledge. I had no idea. There's a good chance that guy didn't either.

Top Bottom