• ...and so much more!
  • r3126

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 3, 2008
    Indy westside
    Hope this has not been posted before. I searched for it.

"The California state Senate voted 28-8 Wednesday to exempt itself from the pointless gun-control laws that apply to the rest of the populace. Legislators apparently think they alone are worthy to pack heat on the streets for personal protection, and the masses ought to wait until the police arrive."

EDITORIAL: One law for us, another for you - Washington Times

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    I think any law exempting legislators from anything should have to pass by public referendum

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    And the really awesome thing about this is, that whole pack of **** heads will get re-elected next time around! They should all be hung, but they will be pissing their pants laughing at the morons who keep electing them.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Meh, California. No need to color anyone "shocked" over anything that emanates from there!:poop:

The sad part is that there will be others, oh yes, there will be others!

maxmayhem

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Ocala, FL (for now)
    well those dopes voted them in, live there, and give them their tax dollars, and also gove 60+ electoral votes to elect Hussein Obama
    Hope this has not been posted before. I searched for it.

"The California state Senate voted 28-8 Wednesday to exempt itself from the pointless gun-control laws that apply to the rest of the populace. Legislators apparently think they alone are worthy to pack heat on the streets for personal protection, and the masses ought to wait until the police arrive."

EDITORIAL: One law for us, another for you - Washington Times

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    I am sorry for the wasted bandwidth and everyone's time! I thought it a reliable source. As they say in Japan.... Gomen'nasai.

That doesn't mean you are going to gut yourself, does it?

Don't do it man!

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    :xmad:

I just spent some time trying to find the actual bill...

Nothing but references on all sorts of 2A blogs going back to this one editorial.

I did the same thing. I was trying to find out what law they were exempting themselves from when I finally figured out it was old news. Not the first time it's happened. Did you know that the LTCH is going away?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I think any law exempting legislators from anything should have to pass by public referendum

It may be an old law. And I'm sure it was posted on INGO way back when. But this thread isn't a waste. It brought this gem of an idea. And I'd even expand it to any legislation that deals with congress critters giving themselves anything. If they want a raise or increase in benefits, they should have the express approval of their constituents. They shouldn't have the authority to give themselves raises, perks, benifits, exemptions, special privileges, whatnot. Having an elected executive as the only approval isn't the right place to set up a quid pro quo. That should belong to the constituents.

Top Bottom