Soldiers arrested for forming a Militia within the Army...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Lex Concord

Not so well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Morgan County
    there will always be a nut case

Indeed.

Nuts_by_the_case_lg.jpg

netsecurity

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Hancock County
    Wow, what a bunch of dip####s. They kill two people to protect their plans, and then never even execute their plans? Buffoons.Why contaminate an apple crop?

Last edited:

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    4 guys are going to take over and run the U.S. federal government?

That amusing.

Well, according to the OP news story, they either expected their movement to grow - or they had more members who haven't yet been identified. But I expect they thought vast numbers of patriotic Americans would flock to their banner once they succeeded in Striking At The Heart Of The Enemy!

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    Other than the homicide, any one of us could be accused of the same that these soldiers are charged with. Collecting "assault weapons"? "Bomb making material"? How many of people on this board have an AR, or chemicals under the kitchen sink? IMO, the reason this is going to civilian court is so that more charges could be tacked on that the UCMJ cannot do without more evidence. The word of someone with less than 6 mos (PVT) is pretty thin when dealing with UCMJ.

ONE of the reasons this is being tried in civilian court is because the murdered parties were civilians not under military jurisdiction. The military typically allows soldiers to be tried under similar circumstances. Contrast this to MAJ Hasan, whose murders were of military personnel and dependents on a military reservation. He's being tried by Court Martial.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Wow, what a bunch of dip####s. They kill two people to protect their plans, and then never even execute their plans? Buffoons.Why contaminate an apple crop? That will

The act of terrorism is to instill fear in the general population. The most effective and best way to do this is to "attack" everyday, mundane items. - Bombing in a mall cause people to stress about going to the mall.
    - Poisioning the food supply causes the same effect.

The terrorsit only have to achieve limited sucess in this and then paranoid seeps into people and they fear going to any mall or any gathering of people. They fear buying any fresh produce or food in general.

That is what makes terrorism so hard to "fight/break". It's not so much the acts that are occuirng against you, but you having to deal with the physcologial effects on the population.

Well, according to the OP news story, they either expected their movement to grow - or they had more members who haven't yet been identified. But I expect they thought vast numbers of patriotic Americans would flock to their banner once they succeeded in Striking At The Heart Of The Enemy!

Hum... double edge sword on that one.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    The act of terrorism is to instill fear in the general population. The most effective and best way to do this is to "attack" everyday, mundane items. - Bombing in a mall cause people to stress about going to the mall.
    - Poisioning the food supply causes the same effect.

The terrorsit only have to achieve limited sucess in this and then paranoid seeps into people and they fear going to any mall or any gathering of people. They fear buying any fresh produce or food in general.

That is what makes terrorism so hard to "fight/break". It's not so much the acts that are occuirng against you, but you having to deal with the physcologial effects on the population.

Hum... double edge sword on that one.

Terrorism, to be successful, has to rely on "the authorities" being unable to counter their tactics. They also must be successful in coopting at least a portion of the population to either act with and for them or, at the very least, to be in such fear of them that they will not report them.

These folks would have just succeeded - if they had had ANY success - in angering the population; they didn't have a solid base to begin with, and couldn't have relied on a fearful populace to shield them from law enforcement. Can you say: "Dystopian 'Wolveriiiiiinnnnes'"?

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    Terrorism, to be successful, has to rely on "the authorities" being unable to counter their tactics. They also must be successful in coopting at least a portion of the population to either act with and for them or, at the very least, to be in such fear of them that they will not report them.

These folks would have just succeeded - if they had had ANY success - in angering the population; they didn't have a solid base to begin with, and couldn't have relied on a fearful populace to shield them from law enforcement. Can you say: "Dystopian 'Wolveriiiiiinnnnes'"?
    Might have something do with having a Leader that is only a Private... :dunno::popcorn:

Kagnew

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Columbus
    So you'd let her do it to you for a weekend? :D All you have to do is look at them to know who is the "top" in that family.

Oh Lord. I had an Arab mare rear and fall back on me, one time, but I'd sure hate to think about dealing with that Clydesdale rump of hers! :eek:

nprecon

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 28, 2012
    Anderson area.
    A civilian government agency (GA) is prosecuting the issue and has lead. The military authority is subordinate to State and federal government's purview and will fully cooperate. May work out better this way, anyhow. Our 'Army Major' in Texas is still receiving plenty of 'lawyer support' for murdering a bunch of our kids in cold blood two years ago. He should have reached room temperature seconds before he started shooting. Political correctness running amok within our military, now. Justice is frequently as ugly as watching sausage being made... the major difference being justice usually leaves a bad taste in your mouth and it's alot harder to swallow.

On one hand the idea of four young (PV1-SGT) enlisted Army soldiers actually thinking they had the skill sets to execute a plan on this scale successfully is a bit on the comical side. They don't yet even realize what they don't know or understand in life. I don't care if there were 40 of them. They didn't have the knowledge and skill sets to successfully plan an operation on this scale. Sure, they would/could have killed a few hundred citizens... but then the smack down would come down on them and the end for them would be ugly.

On the other hand, these young soldiers bring disgrace upon our armed forces and give a degree of credibility to the Director of Homeland Security's comments last year about former American military personnel posing a threat to security as lone wolf operatives. I found that comment offensive, but idiots such as these give her comment credibility. Very aggravating!

Last edited:

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    So you'd let her do it to you for a weekend? :D All you have to do is look at them to know who is the "top" in that family.
    I'm just saying I'm used to that whole crew doing it to me.
    I've been in harms way before. Not afraid of much at my age anymore.
    It's a shame those idiots had the idea they could pull this crap off. PC warriors with **** for brains.

Top Bottom