• mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    And people wonder why I end up with so many cats. They don't just sprout from the ground in my yard. Idiots think because I live in the country I must WANT to feed every kitten born to them because they are too ignorant to do the right thing and get their pets spayed/neutered.

I better get moving...one of my cats has to be at the vet in a half hour. Oh yeah...because some people care enough about their pets to take care of them.

This just burns me up to even read about crap like this.

ruger1800

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 24, 2010
    Indiana
    Stopped to get the mail years ago, on a hot summer day, their was a dead puppy in my mail box, am sure it was alive earlier, since it wasn't stiff yet.

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    I don't own any animals.................they own me!:):

this

I sit where they allow me to sit. I eat when they allow me to eat and I sleep scrunched on the side of the bed about to fall out, because it is their bed after all.

I would be the crazy cat/dog lady if I could afford them all. I hate abuse of any kind.

draketungsten

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 30, 2012
    Hendricks Co.
    The behavior is the definition of psychopath. I'm always sadly disappointed when I don't think people can get worse.

Why not just let off along a wooded road and at least giving them a fighting chance instead of tossing them IN FRONT of other moving vehicles? Not only is it cruel, it's illegal in violation of multiple laws.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I would be in jail if I saw that. People like that deserve to be mauled by a pack of dogs.

Disgusting that someone would do that. I hope they get ran over by a bus !

Sadly, taking any kind of action would likely result in our prison time.

But, the dash cam. With the dash cam, print up pics of her dropping the dog off, then pics of the dead dog.
    Go to printers.
    Print 1,000 copies.
    Distribute copies through her neighborhood, and place of employment. And church.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    The behavior is the definition of psychopath. I'm always sadly disappointed when I don't think people can get worse.

Why not just let off along a wooded road and at least giving them a fighting chance instead of tossing them IN FRONT of other moving vehicles? Not only is it cruel, it's illegal in violation of multiple laws.

This is also not a humane way of disposing of your unwanted pet. Sorry, but I have had way too many starving animals appear in my yard that I then have to shoot for killing my livestock or take to the humane society because someone felt I should be more responsible for their pet than they should be. There is NOTHING humane about dumping an animal to fend for itself. I do have cats I have rescued after they were dumped, but I also have taken many of those to the humane society because my adult cats do not always tolerate a kitten invading their space and I already spend way more on caring for them than I ever wanted to.

GunSlinger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 20, 2011
    Right here.
    I sincerely hope that when she falls to sleep tonight she's visited by the Hounds of Hell in her dreams, and that the fleas of a thousand camels infest her rotten crotch.

I would have loved to have had that Beagle.

draketungsten

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 30, 2012
    Hendricks Co.
    ...I have had way too many starving animals appear in my yard that I then have to shoot for killing my livestock or take to the humane society because someone felt I should be more responsible for their pet than they should be.

Taking them to the humane society is obviously a better solution than dumping them along the side of the road or euthanasia. However, if the owner refuses to take that responsible course of action, and the animal is left with death or a chance, you're only looking at it from a point of view of someone trying to defend your livestock. Actually, you and the animal left to fend for itself, are reverse sides of the same coin. You're both fighting to live. There's nothing wrong or inhumane with fighting for your life. I know that if someone wants to take my life, regardless of the reason, I'll fight to my last breath. Very few things in life are stronger or more important than life itself.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Taking them to the humane society is obviously a better solution than dumping them along the side of the road or euthanasia. However, if the owner refuses to take that responsible course of action, and the animal is left with death or a chance, you're only looking at it from a point of view of someone trying to defend your livestock. Actually, you and the animal left to fend for itself, are reverse sides of the same coin. You're both fighting to live. There's nothing wrong or inhumane with fighting for your life. I know that if someone wants to take my life, regardless of the reason, I'll fight to my last breath. Very few things in life are stronger or more important than life itself.

My point is simply that if a person assumes the role as owner of a pet, they should do what is responsible if it is no longer possible for them to care for that animal...whether it is due to finances, health or simply no longer wanting the pet. Dumping the pet off for someone else to deal with is NOT a responsible way to deal with it. Why should I have to defend my livestock or child when some stray/unwanted pet is in my yard? Why should I have to take the time and gas to drive clear across the county to take THEIR pet to the humane society? The shelter here will take them in and if you cannot afford a donation, there is not one required to drop an animal off there. At least taking it there provides them with food and the possibility of a chance at life in a new home where someone does WANT them.

yeahbaby

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Portage
    That it so sad. I was at the Hobart Humane Society dropping off donations of chow and towels. Guy comes in with a dog that has a rope around it's neck for a collar. Throws the rope/leash onto the counter and says he does not want the dog any longer because he pulls all the time. I look at the guy and ask him if he has tried to train the dog not to pull. He responds, who the hell as time for that. I respond, obviously not you.

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    This person or persons obviously had a desire to inflict cruelty. There are just too many other more convenient alternatives available. An opportunity for a direct confrontation with a person like this would not end well for me OR them.

OkieGirl

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2012
    iti anunka (In the trees)
    Everything is disposable in our society, if you don't want it then throw it away. You can always get another if you change your mind.

Our dogs are just extra furry members of the family. They go where we go and do what we do, and they would protect us with every last breath if it ever came to it. They greet us when we come home as if it's been years since they saw us...even if we just went to the mailbox at the end of the drive. I hope that woman finds a extra warm spot in hell. Would have loved to add a beagle to our family, wouldn't have been the first...not sure there would have been much room for the humans in bed after that though!

yote hunter

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 27, 2013
    Indiana
    Sad just very sad, I love dogs.... Hate cats tho (sorry Mr. Evil) but wouldn't throw one into traffic... That just takes a very special person... :bash:

Knife Lady

PROUD TO BE AN ARMY BRAT
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Central USA
    Aww poor little beagle didn't stand much of a survival rate. There are too many bad words to describe this woman. I hope karma does come back to this woman. I hope since she likes to take car rides she takes one that she will never forget.

Top Bottom