• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SpyderByte

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 22, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Hi all. I had a box of parts someone gave me to go thru and most of it was truly junk with a couple handgun parts and broken toy gun stuff, and some loose ammo.

But I have two questions:
    1) what would this magazine likely belong with? Can't find any obvious markings either. Any other pics or dimension needed to help out, just let me know.
    2) the loose ammo had some motor oil that spilled in to the junk box and got all over it...does that ruin 9mm ammo? Only a dozen rounds, but it feels like "throwing" away money these days if I just leave it at the range.

Thx.

Attachments

• Image00001.jpg
      Image00001.jpg
      1.7 MB · Views: 40
    • Image00002.jpg
      Image00002.jpg
      1.5 MB · Views: 39

ECS686

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 9, 2017
    Brazil
    Respectfully not sure if serious but It appears to be an AK pattern type magazine Theres tons of makes. Could be a variety of manufacturers. AFA ammo. I'd pitch it. No telling how long its sit in the oil and if its seeped into the the case compromising the powder

SpyderByte

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 22, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Respectfully not sure if serious but It appears to be an AK pattern type magazine Theres tons of makes. Could be a variety of manufacturers. AFA ammo. I'd pitch it. No telling how long its sit in the oil and if its seeped into the the case compromising the powder
    Thanks.

1) Never handled an AK and only had an AR style for just long enough to mod it and then realize I can't hold a rifle anymore due to shoulder surgeries and recent additional injury. I was just curious if it looked old enough/right type somebody would want before I toss it out.
    2) thanks for confirming on the ammo...I figured as much, but other than buying in a box and shooting the stuff I know little else (other than I keep mine in safe, dry, ammo box.)

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    It looks like a single stack ak 47 I think that was an attempt to import ak’s during the 94-04 assault weapons ban, you could leave it as is (a single stack) or some gunsmiths would modify the receiver to take standard ak mags, but notice the narrow rib on the front? That was a feature on those mags

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I would second this. There is a possibility it has worked its way in around the primer and could compromise that, also. Anything that compromises the powder's performance can lead to unpredictable pressure spikes

Wolfhound

Hired Goon
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Henry County
    It bothers me to see magazines and even firearms in that condition. A light coat of oil and proper storage will prevent that.

Not faulting the OP in any way as it was given to him in that condition.

ECS686

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 9, 2017
    Brazil
    It bothers me to see magazines and even firearms in that condition. A light coat of oil and proper storage will prevent that.

Sadly a lot of people treat their Guns and accessories like their lawnmower. I've seen a few show up to a basic pistol class (or worse gave it to their spouse to struggle with).

SpyderByte

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 22, 2017
    Indianapolis

It was actually in a box of crap that a drug dealer had and my friend was helping the homeowner clean stuff out and this was left after the police took everything of possible criminal relatedness. You should've seen the leftover grip/partial slide mechanisms of a couple destroyed handguns that were left over too...they're being scrapped/recycled.

SpyderByte

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 22, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Sadly a lot of people treat their Guns and accessories like their lawnmower. I've seen a few show up to a basic pistol class (or worse gave it to their spouse to struggle with).
    This was the fist time I had seen parts in such disrepair and disregard...but it was left over stuff after the drug dealer went to jail and the homeowner got their house back.

Top Bottom